This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

For those of you who haven’t seen Netflix’s new hit, Queer Eye, you really need to give it a try. Queer Eye is a heartwarming show where five gay men (known as the Fab Five) help another man to find the best version of himself and to make them more confident in their daily lives. The Fab Five change the lives of the men on their show significantly and in very major ways: here’s how. 

They Elevate Lives 

The Fab Five elevate the lives of every person they meet. They constantly lift people up and make them feel great about themselves, they give people the courage and bravery to do whatever they set their minds to, and they open people’s minds to what is most important in life. If everybody had a Fab Five, the world would be an exceptional place.

They Create Confidence 

This entire show is about confidence, and being proud of who you are every day. The Fab Five constantly encourage and support their subjects, and make sure that they are living their best life. This is something that everyone should have instilled in them, because if people were less ashamed of how others might see them, then they can focus on the people that see them for what they truly are: wonderful.

They Bring Joy

The Fab Five are full of jokes and good times. In every single episode, the subject and the audience finds themselves doubling over and laughing along with the guys. Each of the Fab Five is hilarious, and can find the bright side of any situation. And if everyone had a person like this in their lives, life would be superb.

They Make Every Moment Enjoyable 

The transformation process that each of the Queer Eye subjects undergoes can be very stressful and overwhelming, but the Fab Five make each situation that arises lighthearted and full of fun. This is a quality that everyone could use in their life.

They Teach Life Lessons 

Queer Eye is constantly teaching its viewers about the most important things in life, and the show is a wonderful reminder that all people are different and that is okay. This show constantly tells us that everyone deserves love and joy, and no matter who they are or where they come from, all people deserve to be understood, listened to, and appreciated for who they are

They Help People Adapt to Life 

Life can be hard sometimes, and this is a truth that the five know very well. In each episode, they strive to help their subject lead an incredible life and to focus on their values. The Fab Five help them through their slumps by changing their home and wardrobe, and they also make sure that they learn to take care of themselves every day.

They Are Incredible and Kind People 

Each of the Fab Five has very different personalities, but it is so easy to fall in love with every one of them. Whether it’s Jonathan’s playful and bubbly attitude, Antoni’s quirky jokes, or Karamo’s suave appearance, there is no doubt that you will fall in love with something about each of these wonderful guys. Everyone could use a Fab Five.

Queer Eye is an infusion of authenticity, empathy, humanity, and connectedness, and each episode it 45 minutes of high-quality television. It has a little something for everyone, and there is no doubt that everybody would lead amazing lives if they had a Fab Five. Go do yourself a favor and watch this incredible show.

Photo credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  

Ry Iverson is a transgender sociology alum of the University of Utah. He grew up in Apple Valley, California and moved to Utah to be closer to family. He enjoys listening to music, reading, cooking, drawing, traveling, and helping others. He enjoys writing about his favorite TV shows, cooking, LGBTQ experiences, and advice, and in his free time he can be found laying on the ground outside taking in the world. Enjoy Ry's articles and everything he has to offer!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor