Which Game of Thrones Character Are You Based on your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

With the final season of Game of Thrones finally here, it is time that we all find out which character we really are (based on our zodiac signs). Each of the characters listed below are still alive season premiere of the 8th season, but who knows what will happen. There are also definitely spoilers in each of the sign descriptions, so read at your own risk.

Aeries – Daenerys Targaryen

(March 21 – April 19)

Aeries loves to be number one, is always armed and ready for battle, and are natural-born leaders.  Daenerys Targaryen matches this sign in many ways. She never fears to go after what she wants. She can be known to lead with blind optimism and often has to learn lessons the hard way: losing her dragon, losing her fleet of ships, sleeping with her nephew, etc. Like Aeries, she is also known to have a short temper with outbursts that don’t last very long. She’s pretty quick to set things on fire, and can be very impulsive with enormous dragons at her disposal (which is not a great combination). However, Dany is also positive in her quest for the throne, can be very playful with those she considers friends, and enjoys living life to the fullest. She definitely has lived a packed life and suits the sign of the ram very well.

Taurus – Brienne of Tarth

(April 20 – May 20)

Taurus is known to be loyal, stubborn, and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and work hard for big rewards. This sign illustrates Brienne of Tarth beautifully. Brienne is extremely loyal to Catelyn Stark and her daughters and has devoted her life to protecting the Stark women and seeking revenge on Renly Baratheon’s murderer. She also prioritizes consistency and reliability in her life by surrounding herself with tasks and people that are not terribly surprising. She can be stubborn almost to a fault, but like all Taurus signs, she builds her personality on loyalty and enjoyment. Many people would trust  Taurus with their lives, and most of us wouldn’t hesitate to put our lives in Lady Brienne’s hands.

Gemini – Arya Stark

(May 21 – June 20)

Geminis are often known for their dual personalities and ability to wear many hats (or many faces in  Arya’s case). They are intellectually curious, always down to try something new, and are not easily embarrassed. Arya Stark is a Gemini in many ways. She is constantly on the move  with her often short attention span, but never ends up alone in a situation because she, like many other Geminis, has great social skills. Arya has also been known to juggle a variety of hobbies and passions (sword fighting, her list of names, expanding her horizons, and becoming no one). Adaptable and logical, Arya knows how to play the game well and she definitely uses her Gemini traits of fealessness and cunning to her advantage.

Cancer – Tyrion Lannister

(June 21 – July 22)

Cancer signs have hard external shells that can make it very difficult to get to know them. When we first meet Tyrion Lannister, the audience is not really sure what to think. Is he rude, smart, or just a drunk? As the show progresses, Tyrion is shown to be incredibly intuitive and self-protective and can effortlessly pick up the energies of any room. He may waver in commitment at times, but in the end, he fights for what is right and has a special place in his heart for the downtrodden. He interacts with more people than any other character in the show, and while he has a very hard time, he never fails to succeed in one way or another. He is a natural born Cancer.

Leo – Jaime Lannister

(July 23 – August 22)

Jaime Lannister is a natural leader who is easily swept up in dramatic romances (like the one with his sister). He, like many other Leos, is loyal, consistent, and refuses to accept failure. He can let this desire for success lead him to making poor decisions, but ultimately, he makes the right choice. Before he learned a semblance of modesty (by getting his hand cut off), he was a golden child who loved to bask in the spotlight and celebrate himself. Jaime has since been humbled, but he still thrives when he is being the recipient of respect and admiration (which happens very often). He is a Leo through and through with a lion as his family sigil to boot.

Virgo – Samwell Tarly

(August 23 – September 22)

Those under the sign of the Virgo are known to be logical, practical, and meticulous. They are also kind, gentle and supportive people who make great allies and teachers. Samwell Tarly is definitely one of these people. He is not afraid of consistent practice, and is always looking to improve broken systems (usually by putting Jon Snow in charge). Sam, like so many other Virgos, is very hardworking and committed to his cause, and he would do anything to fight for what he believes in. Whether that means reading/stealing numerous books, or fighting a white walker alone, Sam is always proving that he has the traits of a Virgo. He is known for his intellect and ability to get things done, and he definitely acts as a driving force for many parts of this show.

Libra – Sansa Stark

(September 23 – October 22)

Libra is obsessed with pleasing those closest to them. Sansa does what’s best for her family many times throughout the later seasons of GOT, and she often sacrifices her own comfort and safety to do so. She knows how to play the game, and she does it very well. Libras are also meticulous designers, and Sansa is known for the dresses and embroidery pieces she makes throughout each of the seasons. She tries to keep everyone happy and engaged, and can navigate most social situations with her intellect and charm. She’s all about balance and keeping the peace with others, which is Libra’s greatest need.

Scorpio – Cersei Lannister

(October 23 – November 21)

Cersei Lannister is a woman of incredible passion and power. She is known for her intensity and is not afraid to play the game viciously. She treats the fight for the throne like a game of chess and is often planning several steps ahead, isn’t afraid to work hard and play for a long time, and she desires control. Scorpios can often be poisoned by their ego and have a growing need for physical closeness and emotional intimacy. Now that Jaime has left her side and she will be lacking physical closeness and her ego will be able to swallow her whole, she might finally fall. However, Cersei’s resourcefulness is what has kept her alive and has killed so many of her enemies over the seven seasons. She is not afraid to stop those in her way, and as with many other Scorpios, you don’t want to mess with her because you probably won’t win.

Sagittarius – Tormund Giantsbane

(November 22 – December 21)

Those under the Sagittarius sign are all about freedom. They don’t like to be tied down or held back from adventure, and they are born to explore. Tormund Giantsbane is absolutely a Sagittarius. He is a spiritual, intellectual, and physical adventurer, he can light up any room with his presence and laughter, and he is extremely witty and blunt. Like other Sagittarius signs, Tormund was born to explore, and he charges into new experiences without hesitation. He, and many other Sagittarius signs are all about trying everything in the the world at least once. He is very adventurous and I hope he gets to do everything he has been dreaming of (including courting Brienne).  

Capricorn – Jon Snow

(December 22 – January 20)

Capricorns are terrific leaders and have a can-do (or must-do in Jon’s case) attitude that makes them very unique. Capricorns are all about hard work and achieving their goals. They also have a reputation for being a little cold and unemotional because of their wavering focus. Jon Snow (or Aegon Targaryen?) is certainly no exception. He always seems a little aloof, but is incredibly resilient. He overcomes anything in his way (including his own murder) and pushes onward. It is this strength and drive that makes him a Capricorn and gives all of us hope that he just might defeat the Night King and his army.

Aquarius – Bran Stark

(January 21 – February 18)

Aquarius signs are often considered the genius of the zodiac, and what better character to resemble this trait than Brandon Stark. Bran’s progress as a character into the Three Eyed Raven makes him a revolutionary thinker, somewhat of a rebel as far as allegiance goes, and he certainly thrives in shock value. He and many other Aquarians can be very stubborn and set in his ways, despise authority and conventionality (maybe because his normal life made him ‘a cripple’), and he can be so focused on his ideas that he neglects his family and friends. Aquarians are also known for being quite emotionless, and this suits (the new Three Eyed Raven) Bran better than any other character in the show (except for maybe the Night King). He is a strange and statuesque Aquarius sign without a doubt.

Pisces – Missandei

(February 19 – March 20)

Missandei has a very extensive and intriguing past. The fact that she was a slave for most of her life, now stands beside a queen, and speaks nineteen languages makes her very empathetic and compassionate. She can identify the truth of others and is extremely loyal. Like other Pisces, she is not one to run away from conflict, and will often put herself in danger for the queen of dragons. She is also very good at adapting to her surroundings (whether she is fighting slavery, sailing across a vast ocean, or falling in love with an eunuch). She is definitely the person you want by your side if you are going to try to take the crown from Cersei Lannister.

Now that you know which character you are, I hope you (emotionally) and your character (physically) make it through the season finale (unless you are a Scorpio… sorry about that).

Photo sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Ry Iverson is a transgender sociology alum of the University of Utah. He grew up in Apple Valley, California and moved to Utah to be closer to family. He enjoys listening to music, reading, cooking, drawing, traveling, and helping others. He enjoys writing about his favorite TV shows, cooking, LGBTQ experiences, and advice, and in his free time he can be found laying on the ground outside taking in the world. Enjoy Ry's articles and everything he has to offer!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor