What it’s Like to be the Girl Who Listens to Christmas Music Early

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Halloween has come and gone and you know what that means…CHRISTMAS! At least that’s what it means for so many. Target transforms into a magical winter wonderland, lights are strung up on houses, and most importantly, Christmas songs are being played everywhere…including my own car. So this one is for you, you Christmas lover, you jolly spirit, you are the reason the war on Christmas will never win.

1. You don’t go overboard, but your favorite radio station is definitely playing the holiday tunes.

2. Your Pandora account has more than one Christmas station, because sometimes you just need to be more specific.

3. When you hear Christmas music while you are shopping, it inspires you to shop a little bit more, just to listen to the end of the song.

4. When you go to karaoke, you are belting out Mariah Carrie’s best Christmas song.

5. Sometimes, almost all the time, you get into arguments defending your premature Christmas music.

6. When movie night comes around you are definitely pushing for some Christmas classics.

7. You are always in the know when it comes to new Christmas songs.

8. Even though you are in the Christmas spirit. you haven’t forgotten about the all-important Thanksgiving holiday.

9. You’ve never been caught dead listening to Christmas music a day after Christmas.

10. You are the reason everyone around you is in the Christmas spirit.

So don’t you even think about pushing back your Christmas music timeline. It’s people like you that make every Grinch’s heart grow two sizes bigger.

I am a current journalism student at the University of Utah. I have spent my years in college studying, traveling, and writing. I am a campus writer for the University of Utah and have my own blog Beautiful Detour. If I am not on campus I am hopefully off in another country meeting new people...or lying in my bed under a million blankets watching that day's netflix binge.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor