This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Have you ever wanted to wear your favorite brands but your bank account just didn’t cut it? Those $75 Adidas superstars are everything you’ve wanted, especially since it’s the new in. Well, this website and app is the perfect fit for your satisfaction with materialism. 

Wanelo is the perfect “mall” app for your phone and website that helps you find the most amazing products in the universe. Think of it this way: a mall has approx. 150 stores, but on Wanelo, you can find at least a thousand stores that include all of the big brands you know, as well as tiny independent boutiques you’ve never heard of. Big brands that are featured on Wanelo include Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Adidas, and more! You can also follow all of your favorite stores in one place, along with never having to run out of products to buy, as there are new products posted every day! 

Wanelo was founded by Deena Varshavskaya, who was tired and frustrated with shopping in traditional malls. She wanted to shop for products in more unique places, but her personal style just didn’t fit in the regular stores. She decided to create a social network that would make it way easier to discover amazing stores and any type of product anywhere online. She worked at Wanelo for more than two years before traction started to hit the fan. She moved out to San Francisco in 2011 and raised funds for the incredible and innovative app, leading to today with a team of over 30 and millions of users buying products from the app. 

Let’s dive deep into the app! You can create a profile with followers and other people you can follow (just like any social media account), and discover products and brands you never thought you would love. The best part about it is that most of these products are waaaayyyy cheaper than those same brands you buy at those stores. For example, the first pair of shoes I bought from Wanelo was your average Adidas Superstars, and instead of being $60+, I bought them for only $30! That included shipping and other fees. Incredible, right? 

Below is my profile on Wanelo. You are able to save products that catch your eye, as well as make “collections” to organize items that you like. This includes shoes, dresses, pants, and even non-clothing items. You’d be surprised that the cutest things you’ll ever want to buy are online instead of at a traditional store. Also, you should definitely follow me – I find the most kick-a$$ brands. 

So don’t be sad about that Michael Kors wallet you’ve been dying to have – you can buy that on Wanelo for cheaper than at their standing store. Wanelo is the future of shopping because of our growing technology in our world. It’s true that malls are going to be dead within the next ten years (according to my father), so we may as well take advantage of our shopping technology and start buying our brands cheap online. 

Grew up in the ocean of LA and in the mountains of Park City. I have the biggest passion for writing music... and also skiing. I was on the Dr. Phil show. Not for my problems, just for reacting to someone's discipline problems. I'm obsessed with shopping, Starbucks, Rap, EDM, and binge watching of Criminal Minds.  Follow me on the gram: @sophia_hella
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor