This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Meet Samantha Shaw! Sam is in her second year as a Ute and is majoring in psychology. She currently serves Her Campus at the University of Utah as our Director of Recruitment! 

She was hesitant to vote until she realized that her voice mattered and her opinion mattered, just like yours. We asked her why she changed her mind and why she’s heading to the polls on November 8th! “I’m voting because, contrary to popular belief, it does count. Especially with Utah becoming a swing state. Honestly, my ballot sat on my desk for far too long as I contemplated whether or not I should bother mailing it. But I realized that too many other people my age were having similar thoughts and I didn’t want my right to vote going wasted. No one would notice if I didn’t vote but if I could help Utah swing this election, then people would notice.” 

Don’t forget that the University of Utah is now an official voting spot! Head to the library on November 8th and let your voice be heard!

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor
Julianne serves in the role of Community Development Associate, directly working with chapters and expansion. She graduated from the University of Utah in 2018 with a triple major in Political Science, Film & Media Art, and Communications with minors in Health and Theater. Julianne served as a Campus Correspondent for Utah for 3 years, as a Chapter Advisor for 2 years, a Campus Expansion Assistant for 2 years, and as a High School Ambassador Advisor. New to Boston, Julianne can't wait to eat as much seafood as was deprived of her after living in the mountains for most of her life. In her spare time, she loves to ski, watch an unreasonable amount of movies, and write!