Utah Ute Voter Profile: Madeline Rencher

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Meet Madeline Rencher! She’s in her final year as a collegiate Ute. This is her first year as a writer for Her Campus at the University of Utah.

We asked her why she was so excited to hit the polls. “Being able to vote should be considered an honor. There are many things in this country that we take for granted, and I believe the ability and freedom to vote is within that category. Being able to vote, as a citizen within this country is a freedom that everyone should take advantage of, while being educated about the choices they are making. I couldn’t wait to turn 18 five years ago, because I desperately wanted to exercise my right to vote. In other countries, citizens have zero say in what happens. Here in the United States, our citizens often have more freedom than they know what to do with. People don’t make the effort to vote, and don’t care about educating themselves about the candidates running for all of the positions within government. It is never too late to become invested in the future leadership of our country. Every vote makes a difference in some way, don’t be that person who could care less.”

Don’t forget to vote this year in the election! The University of Utah is now a voting hub so hit the library 

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor
Julianne serves in the role of Community Development Associate, directly working with chapters and expansion. She graduated from the University of Utah in 2018 with a triple major in Political Science, Film & Media Art, and Communications with minors in Health and Theater. Julianne served as a Campus Correspondent for Utah for 3 years, as a Chapter Advisor for 2 years, a Campus Expansion Assistant for 2 years, and as a High School Ambassador Advisor. New to Boston, Julianne can't wait to eat as much seafood as was deprived of her after living in the mountains for most of her life. In her spare time, she loves to ski, watch an unreasonable amount of movies, and write!