Twists on Homemade Cold Brew Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

The best way to start the day is with a jolt of caffeine. But if you’re like me and don’t have the time to make your own or the money to buy a Starbucks everyday, then cold brew is the way to go. For $10 you can have 8 cups of coffee. That’s a savings of $30 a week! It’s as simple as pouring in one part cold brew concentrate to two parts milk. But, here are some simple ways to make your cold brew even better!

1. Mocha

Add some chocolate milk and chocolate sauce to your cold brew in the morning to add a little something sweet to your drink.

2. Salted Caramel

Add some caramel sauce to your cold brew, shake, then put a pinch of salt on top. This adds a hint of saltiness to each sip as the cold caramel wakes you up.

3. Chocolate Covered Almond

Instead of adding milk, add chocolate almond milk to add a hint of nut and chocolate to your coffee in the morning!

4. Coconut

Add coconut milk and top with shaved coconut. This adds a tropical element that will make you feel like you are waking up in paradise.

5. Vanilla Bean

Instead of a normal cold brew, add vanilla soymilk to your cold brew. This will make it even better than the first time you had a vanilla chai latte!

6. Cinnamon

Add some cinnamon and nutmeg on top to add a slight holiday feel to your cold brew. If you are feeling extra festive put in a drop of peppermint extract to really make it feel like Christmas is just around the corner.

Now, get to Trader Joe’s and buy some cold brew concentrate! And don’t forget to grab a few extra ingredients to make each morning new and refreshing!

If I'm not cooking or in school I am usually binge watching Friends, Arrow, or Harry Potter. I am a Slytherin and an Alpha Phi. I believe that mermaids can exist and I would like to be the first one. I sleep with a dragon at my side named Toothless every night. If I could get paid to travel the world I would never stay in the same place longer than a month.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor