TSA Pre-Approved Tips For Easy Travel This Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

You are aware that in order to get on an airplane it takes a few steps right? Because it feels like some people are utterly shocked when they arrive at the airport that they have to go through security. Fear not Collegiettes, with these helpful hints you will go from a fumbling mess to a effortless TSA Princess on your way home from Thanksgiving.

1. Don’t pack your liquids at the bottom on your carry on. Seems like a no-brainer but somehow people always forget this one. Unless you are TSA Pre you will be required to take them out. So plan ahead!

2. Wear easy slip on shoes. No one wants to be the person who has to sit down in order to untie the multiple knots that have somehow formed in your laces. Sandals for the win!

3. Be prepared to go through security. Seriously please do not just stand there on your phone assuming the line will take forever. You don’t want to end up being the person slowing down the line.

4. Bring a water bottle. To avoid paying $6 for a bottle of water bring a refillable water bottle. You need to stay hydrated on the plane!

5. Find your gate then find an outlet. That is my motto. Whenever I fly I always make sure my electronics are fully charged. God forbid, I get bored!! Also that helps me stay in one place and not end up missing my plane or something important.

6. Either bring work or leisure on the plane. Whenever I travel I like to make good use of my time in the air. Whether that be by movies or homework, I don’t bring both because I know which one I’d always choose over the other.

7. Headphones are a lifesaver. I know I’m not the only person that likes to be left alone in airports. Headphones are a great people deterrent, but you already knew that.

Proud owner of a Hulu Plus account, Netflix, and HBO Go with none in my name. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor