This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

I never had too much of an interest in listening to podcasts until this year. My mom, sister, and I went on a road trip and my mom had a podcast playing the whole time. To my surprise, I actually really enjoyed it and didn’t get bored! We were driving home from St. George, which is a good five or six hour drive, and the podcast managed to keep me entertained the entire time. I didn’t even feel the need to go on my phone to do whatever because I was so entertained.

Ever since then, I started looking for podcasts that I would like. Since then, I have found one podcast that I thoroughly enjoy and I just had to share it with others! I am a sucker for anything paranormal and have always believed in spirits and have had my own experiences, so when I discovered the Ghost Magnet podcast, I was instantly hooked! The official name of the podcast is Ghost Magnet with Bridget Marquardt. That name may sound familiar — that’s because Bridget was the star of one of my favorite reality TV shows, The Girls Next Door.

This podcast is unique because Bridget interviews all kinds of guests and celebrities to hear about their paranormal experiences. She travels to tons of haunted locations and interviews workers, or anyone with paranormal activity. She has interviewed Piper from American Horror Story as well as her Girls Next Door co-Star Holly Madison. They discuss topics such as their own haunted houses, and even the Playboy Mansion and whether or not that is haunted. I am hoping they do a ghost hunt at the Playboy Mansion someday because that would be so cool!

Every guest has their own unique stories to share, and being a ghost junkie I am extremely interested in hearing about everything paranormal. Even on the Girls Next Door, Bridget was always very much a believer in the paranormal and she experienced things at the mansion that were purely unexplainable. She has been someone I have admired since I was young, and I now have my own dreams to become a so called “ghost magnet” and travel to fun, creepy places to check out what may reside there.

If you are someone who absolutely loves Halloween, creepy things, or all things paranormal, I highly recommend this podcast to you. She interviews so many different individuals from real life vampires to witches to mediums! This is not a podcast you want to miss out on, especially since she posts a new one every week. Time to get your podcast on — go check out this show!

Delaney is a recent 2020 graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Strategic Communication. She feels very passionate about her writing and has enjoyed being apart of a woman empowered online magazine like Her Campus.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor