This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

K-pop has a reputation for being upbeat and bubbly, but the genre is actually full of dark and spooky tunes that were made for Halloween. Whether you need a high-energy soundtrack to dance to at your Halloween party or seasonal tunes to dance to alone in your room, these scary-good songs are perfect for the season (or any time of year).

1. Monster – EXO

One of the most well-known boy groups goes all out in this highly danceable single that’s perfect for Halloween. This song will, as they sing, “creep in your heart.”

1. Black Cat – 4Minute

4Minute delivers one of their many badass, girl power anthems, this one being very seasonally appropriate. You better “shut up and watch out!”

1. Voodoo Doll – VIXX

VIXX is a group known for their dark and creepy concepts – all perfect for Halloween. While most of their discography is worthy of a spot on this list, “Voodoo Doll” might just be their spookiest release, with a dark and twisted music video to accompany it.

1. Scream – 2NE1

K-pop legends 2NE1 will make you “scream” with this high-energy club banger. These girls deliver a Halloween-worthy dance track with a sprinkle of 2010’s K-pop nostalgia.

1. Nightmare – SHINee

“Nightmare” is a dark love song impossible not to sing along to. SHINee has a solid list of songs perfect for Halloween, but this one is an undeniable classic.

1. Dracula – f(x)

f(x) is known for being creative and versatile in their music – Dracula is no exception. This song has the fun and cute energy K-pop girl groups are known for, but the dark lyrics and the intermittent screaming make for the perfect balance – and the perfect song for a Halloween party.

1. Zombie Party – SPEED

The title alone is a dead giveaway that this is the perfect Halloween party song. For a song about zombies, this song will wake you up and make you feel alive.

There are only a few days left until Halloween, but there’s still enough time to play these songs at full volume and dance and sing along to get in the spirit.

I'm a sophomore at the University of Utah majoring in Communications with a minor in Gender Studies. When I'm not studying or sleeping, I enjoy figure skating and listening to podcasts with my cat. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor