Top 5 Brunch Spots to Try in Salt Lake After a Night Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

We’ve all been there; it’s the morning after a long night out and you are just starting to wake up around noon. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t been in that position myself. You wake up with a craving for greasy food, but you don’t have the energy to cook something for yourself. So, the only logical solution for your predicament is to go out to brunch with your friends. I’ve been in that situation numerous times, so I’ve decided to make your life easier by compiling this list of the top 5 brunch spots in Salt Lake City to try after a night out.

1.The Blue Plate Diner 

The Blue Plate Diner is a great and affordable little diner just outside of Sugarhouse. The food is delicious and the service is amazing. The diner has a very laid-back vibe and is totally sweatpant friendly. They serve breakfast all day, so if you roll out of bed craving pancakes at 2 p.m., they totally have your back. On top of that, the food is totally affordable and will definitely satisfy your cravings.

2. Publik Kitchen

Publik is a great place for brunch after a night out with friends because it’s fast, super cute, and totally affordable. Their coffee is a great pick-me-up (which I know we all need after a long night) and the menu is super simple, so there’s no stress. You can get everything from super sweet French toast to a simple avocado toast. Additionally, the vibe is really welcoming so it’s a perfect place to go with friends.

3.The Park Café

Another great place for that classic, greasy brunch you crave when you wake up is The Park Café. It’s always packed (which is kind of a downside) but it’s completely worth the wait. The café has a varied menu, so it’s a great place for everyone to find something they’ll enjoy. The atmosphere is great and the leggings and sweatshirt look is totally acceptable. 

4. Penny Ann’s Café 

Penny Ann’s is a small café that does not fail to deliver. The café gives off a homey vibe and you will instantly feel comfortable when you walk in. The service is great and the food comes out pretty quickly (which is a huge plus considering you probably haven’t eaten since 8 p.m. the night before). Similar to The Park Café, it can take some time to get in, but I promise the food is worth the wait.

5. IHOP

I know that IHOP is a national chain, but you shouldn’t underestimate its abilities. You can get anything you’re craving and it’s a consistently good restaurant at anytime of the day. After a night out, sometimes you just need to get some quick and easy food into your stomach and IHOP is great for that purpose. It’s also relatively close to campus and easy to get to if you don’t have the luxury of a car. I mean, let’s be honest— who doesn’t love IHOP pancakes in the morning?

There you have it, the best places to brunch after a crazy night out. I hope it makes your and your friends’ recovery days a little easier.

Photo Source: 12345

Sophomore at the University of Utah!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor