Top 4 Online Shops for Formal Dresses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Whether you’re a senior who has her go-to dress spot or a freshman who is clueless when it comes to finding that perfect formal dress, this list will be at hand to help you look hot AF no matter what formal you’re attending. Here is five tried and true websites to help you look perfect at any formal.

TOBI

See that girl wearing that tiny velvet bodycon? She probably got it from Tobi. While they have a great selection of styles, their bodycon dresses are the best. Not only will they completely suck you in, they are eye-catching. Offered in a multitude of colors and styles you really can’t find a better site to shop in that boring 9 AM class. If you haven’t shopped Tobi before you’ll get a killer 50% off your first order. Go to town girl. Pick up five dresses and be set for the next semester in formals. Featured below: Greatest Escape Bodycon Set – $48

NASTYGAL

Okay, so NastyGal can be crazy expensive. Don’t fret, girl. Head straight to the dresses that are on sale. The prices are super knocked down, but don’t be skeptical – these dresses are killer quality. You’ve got a selection ranging from mesh to flowy. Check here if you’re looking for something that nobody else will have. However, if you do go the NastyGal way, I would recommend sizing down if you pick up a tight dress. Featured below: Total Eclipse Fringe Dress – $51.20

LULU’S

Chances are if she didn’t get it from Tobi, she got it from Lulu’s. The site features hundreds of dresses in all types of styles – you will be occupied forever browsing through. If you have an idea of what you want, filter away and find your perfect dress. The prices are cheap, and the quality is good. Perfect for a dress you mostly plan on only wearing one night right? Featured below: Quite A Crush Wine Red Velvet Midi Dress – $39

ASOS

There is a reason why youtube gurus do ASOS hauls all the time – they have timeless designs. This is totally true when it comes to their dresses too. Immediately filter your price range and take a look at dresses you won’t wear just once. You can go the classy route, the party-girl direction, or a unique edgy way. Featured below: New Look Sequin V Front Cami Dress – $54

Between these sites you’ll be online shopping to your heart’s content. Get ready to rock formal… and when your sisters are trying to raid your closet and steal your new dresses, don’t say I didn’t warn you. 

Pop-culture nerd, feminist, gamer, student. I drink too much tea and always have my head in a book. I write the nerdy stuff for HerCampus Utah.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor