The Top 10 Perks of Being the “Boring” Friend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Sometimes it can be hard to be the introverted and quiet friend, especially when you have very social friends. However, there are some perks to being the “boring” friend that only you will understand.

1. You can find great parking on the weekends

When you are rolling back home at 9pm on a Friday night when everyone else is leaving for a lit night out, you pretty much have your pick of the parking spots.

2. You get to hear all the drama from your socially adventurous friends without actually being involved.

He did what?! Gasping and looking concerned is your specialty, best of all, drama generally passes with relatively little fallout (for you at least).

3. Because of your smaller social calendar you *should* have more time to study and sleep

Damn you Netflix!

4. Hardly going out means more money to spend on things you really want.

Treat yo’ self!

5. You have your pick of the washing machines.

Due to your weird schedule, you don’t have to fight anyone for the right to use one of the three washing machines that are available for your entire building.

6. You know all the Binge-worthy shows on Netflix.

*cough* How I Met Your Mother *cough*

7. Your friends have accepted that you are just a quiet person.

Just because I am not talking does not mean I am upset!

8. When you do go out, everyone is always excited to see you

Because you don’t always go out, your presence at any social event remains novel and fresh.

9. Being quiet means you can learn a lot about people.

What people don’t realize is that you are slowly learning everyone’s secrets and amassing large amounts of information that can be used to your advantage at a later date.

10. You and your friends know that you are not actually boring…

Seriously, people don’t know what they are missing!

Being the “boring” friend is actually a blast!

Image sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor