Life > Experiences

Three Books I’m Reading (and Loving) Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

As much as I would love to give my full attention to just one book, I tend to choose a few at a time. I love to read different books when I’m in different moods or at different locations. It’s usually one light and fun read, one mystery or thriller book, and one advice or self help book. 

Here’s the three I’m currently reading (and loving): 

1.The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides 

This dark and twisted plot line tells the story of supposed murderer Alicia Berenson and her time in a psychiatric hospital, along with the story of her psychotherapist and his journey to uncover her motives and the reason she has gone completely silent after the murder. If you love true crime, you will love this book. 
C573PUw eAVsgRnZaIC5UjL uHxz7aeocnNXG8sHgYS1zAzpWGxUB7jxH

2. The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen 

This light and fun read follows teenager Emma Saylor as she spends her summer at the lake surrounded by her mother’s family. This is a story of revealing family secrets, falling in love, and making lifelong friendships. 

MI1Bm6sy7xlVpl0RVqBjt2eq9lnrd1xW3Y

3. The Untethered Soul by Michael Alan Singer 

This self reflection book focuses on mindfulness and awareness. It brings you through the process of working through your own thoughts and being more aware of the present moment. If you’re focusing on being more centered and aware of your thoughts then I would highly recommend this book. 

aYDE56 78zzMS5k WcBF afLDpX23qAqF oGIVHClGkqnheNHfmfMCJp1Zu8gIlJNFs2J 8gRfh7Wlcj9GjFHKgpCKCbGRN6r 7ls6yCeWtL fwyyLvNCtRlBQjPJur7tZySqBpL

If you’ve never tried reading a few books at once, I’d say you should! It can keep things interesting at all times if one of them gets a little slow. You will certainly be entertained and there is an endless amount of books to choose from.

Hey i'm Camille! I'm a sophomore at The U studying social work. Before I moved to school I lived in northern California. I love the beach, the mountains, and writing!!