Things to do With Your Girls on Valentine’s Day in Salt Lake City

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

If you think Valentine’s Day is a day only for couples, well you are wrong!  This day is also a day when you can hang out with all your girls and have fun, adventurous activities.  There are many different things to do in Salt Lake City on this loving holiday that I bet you did not know about.

Skiing

The resorts are always open and there for you to shred.  If you do not have a season pass, day passes are easy to get!  Salt Lake City is surrounded by places to ski and snowboard that are within 30 minutes away.  The Life Center at the U sells passes and gear at cheaper prices to help us college students have a great day at a great price.

Ice-skating

Why be embarrassed to fall in front of a guy on ice when you can fall down with your friends by your side?  They will be there to laugh when you face plant, and then there to pick you up and push you back down after.  Ice-skating at the Gallivan Center downtown is the place to be.  It is $8 for adults, and this includes the price for skate rentals.  You can skate the day away at the ice rink and have a blast.

Massage

What better way to relax and focus on yourself then to pamper yourself with a massage?  Massage Envy is located on 4th South and in Sugarhouse as well.  They are very flexible with your busy schedule and eager to customize a massage that is right for you and your needs.  Now is the time to sit back and enjoy being spoiled!

Nails

One of the best nail salons in SLC is Mid City Salon.  They are all very friendly and actually put time and effort into making each nail flawless.  They are also currently having a Groupon deal where one shellac manicure is $19 instead of $35, so you save $16! You can also save up to 48% off one deluxe pedicure and one shellac manicure and deluxe pedicure.  Now is your chance, ladies, to get glamorous and save money at the same time!

Movie

You can always see a movie in a normal movie theatre or watch Netflix at home.  However, why not treat yourself and watch a movie in a nice, luxury movie?!  The Cinemark Movie Luxury Theatre in Sugarhouse is the place to be.  They have electric-powered recliners, cup holders and footrests, and oversize, plush, comfortable seating.  What more can you ask for?  See the new latest movie in style!

Don’t let the idea of a relationship holiday get you down!  There are plenty of things to do on Valentine’s Day, you just have to go out there and do them with your girls by your side!

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor