The Store in Sugarhouse Every Collegiette Will Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Alright Collegiettes, it’s halfway through the semester and the excitement of the new semester pretty much stopped after Welcome Week. We’re in the drag right now and I know you’re looking for something to ease the stress and rejuvenate you again! 

Dancing Crane Imports is the magical secret. For those of you who have been there, you know what I’m talking about. For those of you who haven’t… you’re in for a pleasant surprise hidden right in Sugarhouse.

Dancing Crane Imports is an “emporium of world culture” literally as soon as you step foot into this place your stress level drops to zero. Even if you’ve never done yoga or been a vegetarian or learned about the inner powers of the mind you feel like you’re a professional.

For when that “Dancing Crane high” wears off and you realize you’d actually like to know a little bit more about this kind of stuff this store has all the hook ups! Located at the entrance of the store is a billboard with tons of awesome events and seminars are advertised and a lot of them are free. How could it get better than that?

The Café Soltice is the perfect place for a roomie date when you’re just too stressed to go to the library to study. They have rain music playing, you’ll soon forget you’re in Sugarhouse and you literally feel like you’re in a magical forest.  

My roommates and I stopped by Dancing Crane the week they moved into our place and bought incense. They burned it and blessed each room and we all agreed that this is one of the most positive spaces we’ve ever lived in! It’s really bonding and even if you’re a little skeptical you might as well pick some up while you’re there because you never know…

I am pretty in love with Dancing Crane Imports in general, but my biggest obsession is with their scented oil perfumes. My favorite is Ambrosia and I get compliments on it non-stop. It’s just enough to be recognized but not so much that it’s overwhelming. I put it on all throughout the day because the scent is so calming! For real, Collegiettes, this stuff is amazing. 

Please, collegiettes, take a little break from studying, it’s good for you, and make a trip to Dancing Crane! It’ll make your day cause it’s cool just like you.  

Kristen is a junior at the University of Utah. She's majoring in Linguistics and banking on the idea that it will allow her to live around the world for awhile! She's enjoying living off ramen noodles and mixed drinks (what else do you expect from a college student?).
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor