This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Okay ladies and gents, it’s time to talk health. Now before you go running for the hills don’t freak out! We’re not talking about getting the “perfect body”, applying creams, or forcing you to change your entire lifestyle, but Her Campus WILL give you the key things you can do while on campus to keep yourself healthy. Spring and Summer are going to be here in the blink of an eye, so let’s get to it!

Moisturize
Some of you may think you only need lotion during the winter months when hands and legs are dry but don’t buy into it! A light face moisturizer will help you feel refreshed, clean, and cool in the summer heat. Also, try some light, fragrant lotions that leave you with a delicate shimmer and prevent you from looking shiny. We want our faces to be radiant, not a reflective surface! Just try to remember Utah has dry heat and sweat is definitely NOT the type of moisture you wanna be rockin’.

Sun screen me please
Along with being moisturized and getting that healthy look  make sure you’re taking care of what’s more than “skin deep”. Cancer is a real issue and prevention is important, people! Make sure you’re slatherin’ on that sunscreen whenever you’re on campus walking around or  going outside for a long period of time. Get creative! Don’t think sunscreen is a drag- there are different scents, SPF’s and even tinted face sunscreens you can wear as a type a foundation. Double bonus? I think yes!

Water
Water, water, water and oh yeah….water! It’s crazy how beneficial good ‘ol H2O is for you, and on so many levels. It helps you cleanse your body of toxins, keeps you full to curb appetite, and hydrates skin incredibly. Oh, and did we mention all this is offered at the low price of 0 calories?! Thank you mother nature! Try taking a water bottle with you for when you’re roaming around campus in the sun or make it a goal to at least drink a MINIMUM of 8 glasses a day. Your body will definitely notice a difference.

Make that appointment 
Lastly, be smart about your choices and your body. Make sure you’re eating healthy, exercising regularly, and listening to your insides. If anything doesn’t feel or sound right don’t be afraid of making an appointment and consulting a doctor to see what’s going on. There’s nothing wrong with being on the safe side.

Now that you have all the tools for a healthy spring season lifestyle, get out there and enjoy!