This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Whether you are new to the U or are a current student looking to get more involved on campus, joining a sorority might be the perfect thing for you to do!

In a school with 32,000 students it can sometimes be hard to meet people and make friends. Joining a sorority gives you the opportunity to make the University of Utah community smaller and more personal. Sorority life gives you a group of women who support you throughout your entire college experience. They are there for you to help you succeed academically, to push you to become a leader on campus, and encourage you to be the best version of yourself possible.

The University of Utah currently has 6 Panhellenic sororities, Alpha Chi Omega, Alpha Phi, Chi Omega, Delta Gamma, Kappa Kappa Gamma and Pi Beta Phi. We also have 1 associate chapter, Kappa Delta Chi, that is historically, but not exclusively, Latina. When you go through formal fall recruitment you will interact with and visit all 6 of the Panhellenic chapters and will hear a presentation from the associate chapter. As you can see, there are lots of options so you should be able to find somewhere that you feel at home!

Panhellenic Recruitment Video:

First things first make sure to watch the Panhellenic recruitment video! This will give you some good insight into what joining our community is like:

https://www.uofusororities.com/how-to-join

Pre-Recruitment Events:

There are two more events coming up before recruitment starts. So if you are on the fence at all, I would definitely stop by one of these!

Recruitment Info Session:

Where: The Union Saltair Room

When: Monday, August 26th from 3-4pm

Recruitment Info Session:

Where: The Union Saltair Room

When: Wednesday, August 28th from 7-8pm

*Neither of these events is mandatory, but they are encouraged if you want to

learn more about sorority life at the U!

Formal Recruitment Schedule:

Friday, August 30, 2019

Recruitment Orientation: 6:00pm-8:00pm

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Day One: Philanthropy Day 8:00am-6:30pm (lunch provided)

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Day Two:  Investment Day 12:30pm-8:00pm

Monday, September 2, 2019

Day Three: Preference Day 12:00pm-3:00pm

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Day Four: Bid Day 5:00pm-5:30pm Bid Day activities with each chapter to follow

Link to register for Formal Fall Recruitment:

Soooo now it’s time that you sign up for recruitment! Follow this link 

https://uofusorority2019.mycampusdirector2.com/landing/

This summer we launched a new panhellenic website! If you want more information about joining a sorority on campus or have any questions, make sure to check it out at uofusororities.com. So now that you have all of the info that you need, get ready for recruitment weekend! 

Image Source: 1

Kim Davison is a recent graduate from the University of Utah that double majored in Theatre and Communications. She was the President of Her Campus Utah and a Chapter Advisor, a Campus Expansion Assistant and a Her Campus Ambassador Advisor for Her Campus Nationals. Kim loves theatre, event planning, dachshunds and strives to live her life every day to make Leslie Knope proud. She is currently searching to jobs in the media industry and is excited to see where life takes her!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor