This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

We all have dreams that require some effort to obtain. From eating healthier to exercising, every goal requires you to get out of bed and walk more than three feet…and I’m so sorry to be the one to tell you that. If you exhibit one or more of these five symptoms it might be time to start thinking about those dreams.

1. You never go to class

No one can say they have never missed a day of school because they were “sick.” But if it has gotten to the point where you don’t know where the classroom is, it might be time to go. Those classes are important to fulfilling your aspirations.

2. You haven’t been out of your pajamas.

This does include going to class in your PJ shirt. One sign you need to start to get moving is if you don’t even change your clothes…the first step to pretty much going outside.

3. You don’t have lazy days, because every day is one.

If your lazy day has turned into a week then get moving! If you know what you need to do in order to get motivated then take action. Whether it is working out or taking a fun class, go and get yourself motivated to have an active day.

4. You have run out of Netflix shows…

Simply binging a show isn’t enough to make you fit into this category. If you have literally re-watched Friends, Grey’s, and Gilmore Girls in the last few months then you might need some motivation.

5. You are oversleeping. Every time you sleep.

While our bed might be our best friend, absence does make the heart grow fonder. Sleeping more than twelve hours at a time is a little concerning. While you are dreaming about what your life could be don’t forget to wake up and chase that dream!

If you are sleeping in until two, don’t recognize your professors, and/or are asked if you are still watching, it might be time to look at what you are doing. Next time you fall back into these habits look at your dreams and remember to continue to chase them.

If I'm not cooking or in school I am usually binge watching Friends, Arrow, or Harry Potter. I am a Slytherin and an Alpha Phi. I believe that mermaids can exist and I would like to be the first one. I sleep with a dragon at my side named Toothless every night. If I could get paid to travel the world I would never stay in the same place longer than a month.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor