Rideologie: SLC’s Newest Spin Studio

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

I am a fitness fanatic and came across my first spin class about 5 years ago. I immediately was obsessed and addicted to biking to the beat and ending my ride with a huge puddle of sweat. Other than community gyms, there is not a specific studio in Salt Lake City just for spinning. We’ve all heard about Soul Cycle, and will often make a special visit when on vacation but that’s once or twice a year. 

The spinning phenomenon is rapidly spreading across the country and has FINALLY made it to Salt Lake City, and I couldn’t be more excited to be part of the team as a spin instructor! My sorority sister and one of my best friends has followed her dreams and introduced the newest studio in Utah! It is conveniently located in Sugarhouse (1155 Wilmington Avenue, Unit #200 Salt Lake City, Utah–right above Carters), which is also rapidly developing with the newest apartments, healthy restaraunts and shopping areas. Located about 10 minutes from the U of U campus,  Rideologie is a studio specifically dedicated to 45 minutes of pure spin to sweat away your stress and help reach your fitness goals and healthy lifestyles. 

As college students we are all trying to stay in shape and shed those extra pounds, especially as swimsuit season is approaching quickly. Spinning is not only a quick and efficient cardio workout that is engaging the whole body but also has many benefits including:

1) On average, you will burn 500 calories in each spin class, which is the fastest way to burn the highest amount of calories in a high intensity exercise. 

2) Spin classes include both endurance and cardiovascular traning which highly improves cardio health. 

3) In Spin classes, you can set your own pace. Group fitness classes can be very beneficial but intimidating at the same time if you aren’t able to keep up with the moves and other members. Luckily in spin, you are in control of your own speed and pace and no one will ever know! You are in charge of how hard you want to work. 

4) Spin is extremely low impact on knees and joints in comparison to running, the elliptical and stair master. Excessive impact on knees and joints can be damaging, especially as we get older. Spinning is also a great way to get a workout and sweat in if you are recovering from injuries because of the low impact. 

5) Spin will tone your body. Not only will your leg muscles become more toned, lean and strong but will also highly engage your abs and core and enhance body posture if form is correct. Who doesn’t want that???

6) Spinning classes allow spinners to become a part of a community with similar fitness and lifestyle goals.

7) Spinning will enhance your mental strength. There is no magic button to complete the class with ease and get the results you want. In order to acheive your fitness goals, you have to work hard. Spinning requires mental strength to finish the sprints, hills and go the extra mile to burn that burger you indulged in last night. If you aren’t determined and have a positive mental attitude, your experience will not be as benenficial compared to working your butt off and spinnning until the end. 

Rideologie’s grand opening is March 27, 2017, with a soft opening March 25th from 10-2 to receive a tour of the studio, meet the instructors and register for classes! The website is also live where you can pre-register and buy classes. Rideologie offers more than just a spin class, but a real spin experience with the best culture, people, equipment, clip in bike shoes included along with lockers, showers, etc. for those of you on the go or rushing to class. Remember all first time riders ride for free! Come sweat with me Mondays 8:30 am, Tuesdays 6:30 pm, Wednesdays 4:15 pm, and Fridays 6:00 am! Visit https://www.rideologie.com/home to sign up and learn more and don’t forget to DECIDE TO RIDE!

Logan is currently a senior at the University of Utah studying Strategic Communication with a minor in Health and Music. She has a strong passion for health and fitness, traveling, fashion, Dachshaunds and anything chocolate. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor