Dillion Francis 2019 Ogden Twilight
Dillion Francis 2019 Ogden Twilight
Erin Sleater

Rain or Shine: Ogden Twilight & Dillon Francis Still Deliver

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

The Ogden Twilight: Summer Concert Series returned to the Ogden Amphitheater Thursday, June 6th. The 2019 series has been highly-anticipated since the lineup released back in March, including big names such as The Flaming Lips and Of Monsters and Men. 

It’s a big year too, as the series is expecting record-breaking ticket sales. Nearly all upcoming shows are expected to sell out. General Admission season tickets were sold out before the first show even began, a notable milestone for the series.

Dillion Francis 2019 Ogden Twilight
Erin Sleater

The first show started off with a bang—of thunder. A massive thunderstorm barreled through the Salt Lake valley Thursday afternoon, heading north and passing through Ogden right as the front gates were scheduled to open. But the Ogden Twilight team was attentive and informative, making sure dedicated fans were in the loop about weather, set times, and venue updates via their Facebook page.

Ogden is a 40-minute train ride north of Salt Lake City. Hundreds made use of the city’s commuter rail system a.k.a. the FrontRunner to get to the venue. A train ticket is included with the $15 concert ticket, which is great not only for the environment but for the safety (and pockets) of concert-goers.

The Ogden Amphitheater is only a couple of blocks from the FrontRunner station, and riders walked in droves towards the venue. The line looked long but moved efficiently, and before we knew it we were inside. Vendors lined the inside of the amphitheater, selling refreshing smoothies, drinks, and food, too. 

Los Angeles native Dillon Francis kicked off the summer as the only EDM artist to grace the Ogden Twilight stage this year, accompanied by Bangarang and JPAN. Francis immediately had the crowd on their feet with his music and light displays. Both loyal fans and casual concertgoers were enjoying the fast-paced beats, some with hats and gloves that lit up, others with a beer or camera in hand. 

All-in-all the first Ogden Twilight concert of the summer was a success, even with dark clouds threatening everything. Dillon Francis hopefully felt more than welcome in the crowd. Artists truly have something to look forward to with the cozy and comfortable venue and notoriously loyal Utah fans excitedly getting their tickets. 

Stay tuned for additional Ogden Twilight coverage from Her Campus Utah.

2019 Ogden Twilight Concert Series:

Tickets can be purchased atwww.24tix.com/twilight and all Graywhale Entertainment locations.

Erin is a senior at University of Utah currently pursuing strategic communications major with writing and rhethoric minor. She's passionate about all things creative, and hopes one day to work in the film industry. 
Hi I'm Britt, I'm 23 and graduating after the Fall 2020 semester with a Bachelor of Arts in Strategic Communications and two minors in Spanish and Creative Writing.  I love to dive into topics under beauty, fashion, music, art, and culture. I enjoy going a little deeper and finding information that I think readers will learn from or want to learn more about.   A couple of my favorite things are shopping (especially local!), writing, and watching movies with tons of popcorn.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor