This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

If you’re like me and you love watching T.V. with your significant other, being in a long distance relationship can make that kind of difficult. All of a sudden something that was once a nightly ritual becomes a total hassle. It seems like something small, but being able to continue doing activities you enjoyed doing together when you’re in a long distance relationship is really important. Facetiming can create a lot of pressure to talk all the time, which isn’t really how relationships work. Being able to relax together and do the same things is something really important in a relationship, and that can be really hard to do long distance. 

When you look up how to watch T.V. at the same time, people will tell you all sorts of stuff about how you have to sync your videos to the exact same second or tell you about some Chrome plugin that doesn’t work well for syncing video streaming but is great at giving your computer a virus. After trying out pretty much every service and method there is to offer, I’ve found the website that will let you watch almost anything on the internet, as long as you have a login, with anyone has an account (the accounts are free!).

The website is called Rabbit and out of all of the streaming platforms, this one works the best for watching T.V. at the same time on different computers. The website is far from perfect, and it can be a little confusing setting up groups when you first log in. Once you figure out how to set up groups, you can invite your significant other or your long distance besties to watch pretty much whatever you want together. The best part about Rabbit is that you can not only see your friends, but you can also hear them and chat with them while a video is playing. Control can be switched between different people in the group, which means if someone decides to leave, but everyone else wants to keep watching, someone can take over control and keep the movie going. One downfall is that sometimes it can be a little hard to hear the people on the computer when the video is going full volume. My recommendation is to turn the volume down, put the subtitles on, and keep watching. 

It might not sound like much, but being able to watch and discuss “The Bachelor” with all of your friends without leaving your bed is a game changer, and the best part is that only one person needs to have a Hulu or Netflix account. So if you’re not about paying money to watch Hulu or Netflix, here’s your loophole!

Sources: 1

International Studies and Political Science major at the University of Utah. I am interested in travel, food, Netflix, reading, and writing. Currently, I am reading the Game of Thrones series and watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Hulu.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor