This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Okay, this is what’s up. I like astrology and I’m tired of justifying it to people.

Shut up about “It’s not real science.” God, could you get more boring? It’s FUN. Astrology is FUN. Get that elitist stick out of your butt and read your horoscope for kicks. Live a little.

Still, I understand people’s skepticism. I didn’t always buy into astrology. A bunch of stars telling me who I am? Nah. It seemed too good to be true. Or a hoax. However, the more I learned about it, the more eerily accurate it became. It became so legitimate that I wish it wasn’t real sometimes. Then maybe I would have dated that cute Aquarius in that one class. I’ll always remember you, Bo Burnham look-alike.

On the real though, I personally began to trust astrology because of my own experiences that astrology pegged as trustworthy. If that isn’t enough, there is plenty of literature about how astrology affects anthropology, or the study of human interaction, culture, and history. For example, the book Astrology and Anthropology: Man and Peoples Between Zodiac Signs, Genes and Free Will by Milos Bogdanovic might convince you. The author delves into research about how astrology, although unscientific in nature, is astoundingly truthful. This might be why the culture of astrology has never changed over time in terms of how people predict events and read natal charts.

Natal charts themselves add layers and layers of depth on the subject of astrology. Most people know what their sun sign is according to what day they were born on. What most people don’t know, however, is that there are multiple signs that are derived from location, year, and time of birth, as well. These signs are named by the sun, moon, and planets of the solar system. They also correspond to different houses, which are numbered one through twelve and each holds a unique meaning of their own. This is what really sold me on astrology – the multiple signs and houses added together can provide the complexity of an entire personality. For example, it explains why I am initially extremely excitable when people first meet me, but my introversion shows more as they get to know me. AKA, I’m a Gemini Ascendant and Taurus Sun.

I’m not saying astrology is always right… but I’m kind of saying astrology is always right. Those who bag on it really haven’t taken the time to see what it’s about, in my humble opinion. Natal charts add so much nuance to a personality that I simply cannot accept people who state “I’m nothing like an Aries” when they haven’t even looked up their natal chart to see why they may feel that way. I implore that everyone takes at least a glance at their natal chart. If nothing else, you will be encouraged to get introspective. What makes you who you are? What are your pet peeves? What do you look for in a career, person, or life? You may not always find these answers readily, but analyzing your personality through astrology may just direct you towards the right path.

If you’re curious about astrology and want to find out more, you can calculate your natal chart here and read more about astrology in general here!

Image source: 1

Emi, often described to be the embodiment of a sunflower, is passionate about equality, positivity, and growth. She's currently pursuing a path towards becoming a pharmacist, but in the meantime she spends her time writing articles, taking photos, creating visual art, dancing, and working towards a better future for all.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor