Quick Tips To Spice Up Your Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

We all have those days when we are so bored with our look, especially when the dry, dreary days of winter are here. Most of us don’t necessarily want to make huge changes, like chopping all our hair off, or getting a piercing. Here are some not so drastic quick tips that are almost no cost at all, and will leave you feeling refreshed and confident about your style and appearance. Sometimes all we need is a little spice in our lives! 

Get your eyebrows waxed!

Giving your eyebrows a little more definition/shape can really make a difference. If you have lighter eyebrows, you could also consider getting them darkened. This can allow for better overall facial feature definition.

Find an awesome shade of lipstick and rock it!

For winter, try wearing a deep red or dark purple shade. Put on a cute outfit to go with it, and strut with confidence. Not only will you stand out, but you’ll glow with confidence.

Get your nails done or do them nicely yourself!

Having well manicured nails can really make a difference in making yourself look well-kept, feminine, and put together. If you usually wear darker colors, be bold and try something that stands out. If you wear a lot of color, get French-tips or any neutral color that will go with any outfit.

Add some fun color to your hair!

Pastel colors on light hair, and darker reds and purples on dark hair are trending big time! Try a semi-permanent dye and experiment.  If you want to keep it subtle, just try painting some in on your ends. If you don’t feel confident doing it yourself, ask a friend to assist or even visit a hair salon. A couple foils shouldn’t be too pricey.

Change your style for the day—you might like the new you!

If going on a mini shopping spree isn’t an option (as college students, I definitely understand the tight budget), trade closets with a friend for the day. Sometimes just a cute outfit can boost your confidence, making a bad day great!

Kayla Van Hoose 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor