freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Porn Can Help Your Relationship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Is porn going to ruin your relationship? It might if you make it a bigger issue than it is.

A 2013 study finds that 68% of men and 18 % of women surveyed watch porn at least once a week (covenanteyes, 2013). Of course these statistics vary and not everyone is honest, but that is something that needs to be considered. Not all of these individuals have ruined relationships, right? Many psychologists are saying that pornography can actually improve intimacy in a relationship. When partners watch porn together they learn about each other’s fantasies and turn ons. This can help improve their sex lives by teaching partners how they can better please each other. Sometimes it is hard for people to tell their partners what they are into. Especially if it falls outside the box of “vanilla”. In these cases it may be easier to show a partner exactly what turns you on. A porn video might be the perfect medium for this.

Porn can be great foreplay. If a partner shows you a video and it seems undoable, don’t let it get you down. You don’t personally have to do those things to get your partner off. You can always use these videos as a form of foreplay. You can support your partner’s fantasies by getting them hot and bothered with a video and then finish them off yourself. Imagine how many women wouldn’t have to lie about having an orgasm when all that had to be done was the right amount of foreplay.

Some studies have even found that men who watch porn may be less likely to cheat on their partners. Logically, this makes sense. If you are scared that your partner’s porn watching may make them cheat, think again. If your partner has a kink that they are too scared to discuss with you, they may look for other ways to express this kink. Why deny them this safe outlet that doesn’t hurt anyone. 

So in conclusion, porn may not be as evil as it is made out to be. 

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor