Style

Places to Buy Lingerie that Aren’t Victoria’s Secret

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

I love lingerie. It’s fun, it’s sexy, and it makes me feel pretty no matter the occasion. What I don’t love? Certain comments made by a certain head of marketing for a certain brand. I won’t lie, I don’t know the last time I shopped at Victoria’s Secret to begin with. Their styles don’t always appeal to me, and there are other stores whose bras fit me better. That being said, I know plenty of women for whom Victoria’s Secret has been their only source for years but don’t want to support it in light of recent events. For that reason, I’ve compiled a list of the best places for everything from granny panties to sheer teddies. There’s a range of price points, so it’s easy to find something that works for you.

Aerie

Aerie’s been my go-to for pretty much as long as I’ve been buying bras, and I’ve never been disappointed. Their bralettes are cute and comfy, and both those and their regular bras are often on sale so it’s easy to find a good deal. Aerie is also great because their entire platform is based on “real” beauty. Their models aren’t photoshopped, and they have a wider range of body types than the average brand, which I appreciate. Their most recent campaign featured women with disabilities as models, and it was so refreshing to see them embrace that. Aerie tends to use a lot of pastels, so I like their stuff for everyday.

Savage x Fenty

Since it was announced, Rihanna’s been creating buzz with her lingerie line. Earlier this year, its first fashion show featured diverse models, among them an in-labor Slick Woods. All that aside, the line really is worth the hype. Not only do they have tons of colorful choices when it comes to undies and bras, but they also have gorgeous lingerie for when you want something a little more special.

Agent Provocateur

Full confession: I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to afford something from Agent Provocateur. Everything they sell is gorgeous, and I’ve been in love with it since I first saw it, but the price tag is definitely higher than the other items on this list. That said, I’m including it because it’s at least worth looking at. Keep your eyes out for a sale, and you just might find the perfect thing.

Anthroplogie

Yes, Anthropologie has the best sweaters and the best display windows, and is 100% my favorite store to go into and pretend I can afford it. But did you know they have really cute lingerie? I only ever find it on their website, but they have lovely bralettes that make great splurge pieces.

ASOS

Another great store that just happens to have cutie lingerie, ASOS delivers with a huge price range and everything from basics to full looks. I’ve gotten lost way too many times trying to find pieces that I actually like and can afford, so put those filters to good use!

Etsy

Etsy should honestly be brought up more when it comes to fashion, because there are some really incredible designers on there for more than just lingerie. A simple search turns up everything from bridal lingerie to simple bralettes, and just about everything in between. If you’re willing to go down a rabbit hole, do a simple search and open as many tabs as you like. You’re sure to find something you like.

These stores are honestly just a sliver of the market, but they’re a great kickoff point. It makes sense that women want to feel seen by the companies they shop at, and if somewhere doesn’t deliver you should go looking for another option that does.

Image sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Emily is studying English and Strategic Communications at the University of Utah, where she's also an editor for Her Campus. She cares a lot about feminism, period dramas, sunsets, cooking, and The X Files. When she's not writing for Her Campus, you can find her work at her food blog pancakesandporridge.com
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor