dan gold 6P 1ba qWDI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
dan gold 6P 1ba qWDI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Pick and Choose Swoops Its Way to Salt Lake City

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

The University of Utah is scorin’ some boy bands this year! We got Kobe Henderson on vocals and guitar, Evan Altuzarra on drums, Kyle Legge on keyboards, and Conner Greig on bass – combining the four creates their group, Pick and Choose! With an upcoming show this week and exciting new projects, you do not want to miss out on what they are up to! Keep reading if you want to read up on the next 5 Seconds of Summer!

Her Campus: Knowing that you all moved to Utah from different states, how did Pick and Choose come together?

Kobe Henderson: Evan and I have been in a couple of bands together back in California and then after Evan moved up to Salt Lake City, I joined the bandwagon. At that time, I had already written around ten songs and I was trying to get that material recorded. Evan got me on board and recorded the drum tracks and I recorded the rest of the album – bass, guitar, vocals, etc. 

You can find Kobe’s album ‘Liquid Sweet‘ on Spotify & iTunes

HC: Kyle, what was your reaction when you were asked to join Pick and Choose

Kyle Legge: I was playing the piano on my dorm floor and Kobe happened to hear me because we live on the same floor. He asked me to be in the band and I was very enthusiastic about it. It was pretty great because I have jammed with Kobe a couple of times!

HC: How would you describe Pick and Choose‘s genre?

Evan Altuzarra: Alternative Rock, but we occasionally add in a little funk and punk rock!

HC: Can you announce to the readers about your upcoming show this week? 

Kobe Henderson: Our show is going to be at Club Area 5, but it is in a different part of the venue – Hangar 18. There are three other bands on the program that night, so it is more of a local’s showcase. We are performing at 9PM and the show is free!

Check out the event this Thursday night right here on Facebook! You can also follow the boys on every social media outlet ever, including their website

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter

YouTube

Spotify

iTunes

Soundcloud

Grew up in the ocean of LA and in the mountains of Park City. I have the biggest passion for writing music... and also skiing. I was on the Dr. Phil show. Not for my problems, just for reacting to someone's discipline problems. I'm obsessed with shopping, Starbucks, Rap, EDM, and binge watching of Criminal Minds.  Follow me on the gram: @sophia_hella
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor