This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

If you are looking for something fun to do with your significant other or your closest group of friends this winter season, look no further! The Paint Mixer is your go-to spot! The Paint Mixer is a painting studio where you go and paint with a group of people. You sign up for the class ahead of time, and choose what painting you want to recreate when you sign up. There are snacks, and the best part… wine! Some of these classes at 21 and over and serve alcohol to go along with your painting adventure. 

You do not need to be a master painter to enjoy going to The Paint Mixer. All of the painting options are pretty simple and people can go at their own pace for the most part! The teacher will tell you everything that you need to know so even if you, “don’t think you are good at art” you will be fine! Here are some of the painting options available:

Some of them might look daunting, but the teachers are great and go slow enough for everyone to catch up. Going to the Paint Mixer is a great way to get your mind off of stressful things that are happening in your life. Being able to zone out, and let the colors take you where they will is the perfect way to relax and will help you develop new painting skills. Take the night, set your worries to the side, and paint your heart out!

The Paint Mixer is located at 1327 E 2100 S #102, Salt Lake City, UT 84105 in Sugar House. There is also a Park City Location! Go sign up today for a fun night with your partner OR go with friends! It is the perfect night out in Salt Lake City. Take it from my parents who said it was, “the best date they had ever been on”. If that doesn’t convince you I don’t know what will! Here is a link to the Paint Mixers website: https://thepaintmixer.com/salt-lake-studio/. Happy painting!

Photo sources: 1, 2, 3

Kim Davison is a recent graduate from the University of Utah that double majored in Theatre and Communications. She was the President of Her Campus Utah and a Chapter Advisor, a Campus Expansion Assistant and a Her Campus Ambassador Advisor for Her Campus Nationals. Kim loves theatre, event planning, dachshunds and strives to live her life every day to make Leslie Knope proud. She is currently searching to jobs in the media industry and is excited to see where life takes her!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor