This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Some say your high school friendships don’t last, and once you go to college they are no longer in your life. The relationship fades and you make new friends which is honestly true and normal. Some people grow apart because they aren’t meant to stay forever, but not in our case. You stayed. You are meant to be in my life. 

I still remember the day we met. My ex-best friend took us roller-skating and you fell flat on your butt and I laughed so hard at you and I felt so bad because I didn’t even know you. Little did I know that was just the beginning of our story. After that our friendship just flourished and I don’t think I could ever be more grateful to have someone like you in my life. I cant imagine having a better best friend to go through life with, being there for each other through everything and I mean EVERYTHING. The good and the bad. From the times we would laugh till we were crying over absolutely nothing to being there for each other through every painful heart break. From getting in trouble together at school for cheating MULTIPLE times to coming up with our plans for the future that includes having conjoined houses so that when we are upset with our husbands we can just walk next door and vent. If I listed every memory we have gone through together it would be never-ending.

I love how strong our relationship is to the point that we can talk about the most insanely random things and feel like it’s life or death. You love me for the wack girl I am and I love you so much for that, especially since you join in my craziness. We still make time for each other. Daily phone calls and basically constant updates on even the most irrelevant things going on in each others lives. You have taught me and showed me so many things. I wouldn’t be me without you.

My best friend is 500 miles away and my love for her has only grown. College has nothing on us. We are thriving, and doing it together even when we are apart. I honestly wouldn’t survive college, let alone life without my bestie. The memories we share are irreplaceable. 

God put you in my life for a reason. You are my soul sister. Thank you for being one of the few that stuck with me through it all. Like ive been saying, we are going to be friends forever. 

I love you my forever sister.

-Soph

sophia lopez u of u' 22