Nine Podcasts You Need In Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

I have an extreme obsession with podcasts. I seriously jam out to those more than I listen to actual music. It’s so hard to be the DJ when using my phone because I haven’t even opened Itunes this year. But you want to learn about the early history of knitting? I got you. So for my fellow podcasters out there, I have done a lot of research and found my favorite 9 podcasts to get me through a rainy day, or a long drive

9. TEDTalks (audio)

Need a shorter podcast packed full of great ideas? You have found it here! If you need a quick pep talk or a new point of view TED will definitely deliver.

8. Channel 33

If you’re anything like me and can’t get into a TV show or watch a movie without listening or reading every single thing about it, this is perfect for you. They recap and discuss everything from The Bachelor to Top Chef.

7. Anna Faris Is Unqualified

Anna Faris has the most “mom” voice out there. Her voice brings me back to my childhood when my mom would read me to sleep. She has the best guests and lets her quirky nature shine through. Also her husband, Chris Pratt, makes the occasional appearance which is the best.

6. We’re Alive – A “ Zombie” Story of survival

Love post-apocalyptic stories? Check this podcast out. With 48 episodes each with three or four parts each you will never be struggling to find something to listen to.

5. Limetown

This eerie podcast tells the tale of Lia Haddock an investigative reporter who is on a quest to find out what happened to the 300 people who vanished from Limetown. On her journey she meets strange characters who claim to be able to speak telepathically to humans and pigs!

4. If I Were You

Remember when College Humor was the best thing on planet earth? My favorite webseries was Jake and Amir. Well those two crazy boys have an advice podcast where anyone can email in asking for their help. They aren’t qualified to help people, but they do their best to make fun of everyone who writes in, and then a small tidbit of advice. This is a great way to be laughing during your morning drive.

3. Stuff You Should Know

Want to learn how makeup works? Or who gets to name continents? This podcast is great to fill your head with knowledge of the world. It’s like getting sucked into a wikipedia wormhole, but you come out the other side feeling like a trivia king.

2. Serial

We all know someone who claims to be an expert investigator due to this podcast. Sarah Koenig expert explanations make even the most convoluted court cases seem like elementary math. But be careful – once you start listening, it’s hard to tear yourself away.

1.  This American Life

Love hearing three separate stories all based on one theme every week? You have found your podcast soulmate. The host Ira Glass’s voice will bring comfort even during the most stressful commute.

Live long and podcast on!

Proud owner of a Hulu Plus account, Netflix, and HBO Go with none in my name. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor