New Year, New Body: Staying Healthy on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s finally the start of a fresh New Year. The New Year is our wakeup call to mend all of the past destruction that we put our bodies through during finals week and the holiday break. The key to getting your new, healthy body is not slaving away every day at the gym but rather living a life of moderation when it comes to the day-to-day aspect of your life. Here are 5 simple tips to keep in mind in order to achieve the new body that the New Year will bring.

1. Eat Breakfast! Breakfast will help you refuel for a long day of grueling classes and also help you stay focused in those classes.
  2. Carry a water bottle in your backpack at all times. This will help you stay away from your soda and coffee urges during the day. We all know how tempting that venti latte is when you’ve got a quick break between classes, but it’s a lot easier to resist when you’ve got an alternative close at hand. 
  3. Bring food from home. This will immediately give you a healthier substitute for lunch and also save you a lot of money.
  4. Walk everywhere. I know that the shuttles are tempting but the benefits of walking for your body should be something you are not willing to give up. Plus, the University of Utah is such a beautiful campus so it is definitely worth the walk to check it out!
  5. And finally, stay mentally healthy. Many people forget that mental health is a vital part of your wellbeing. Take time to enjoy your experiences, connect with others, do things that you enjoy, and most of all, stay positive.
S.H

Utah

S.HUniveristy of Utah