Michael Scott Sandberg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Meet Michael:

Name:  Michael Sandberg

Hometown:  Murray, UT

Graduation Year:  2014/15

Major:  Marketing

Campus Activities:  Utah Tennis Club

Relationship Status:  Single

The Details:

Describe yourself in 3 words.  Bold. Generous. Cheerful.

What are 3 things you can’t live without?  Camera, chapstick and gum.

What is your dream job?  Fashion Photographer.

Favorite food?  Indian. Mmm.

What is your favorite late night snack?  Salsa Verde Doritos.

What is your guilty pleasure TV show?  Chopped.

Who is your celeb crush(es)?  Maria Sharapova and Julia Roberts.

Do you have any secret talents?  Mad crazy baker, I love homemade goodies.

Boxers or briefs?  Briefs.

What is your most embarrassing moment or story?  I am pretty shameless and hard to embarrass.  However, when on a photo shoot with a bride and groom I forgot about a couch I had placed behind me. I tripped, then flipped over the couch and tipped it over.  So much for being professional!

Campus Life:

What’s your favorite class you have taken at the U?  BUS 3211, “Do You See What I’m Saying” with Doctor Canary.

Best study spot?  The 5th floor of SFEBB.

Best place to meet girls?  Everywhere. Just a matter of taking the initiative to go and introduce yourself wherever you spot someone of interest.

What is your best U of U memory?  When I found out my group and I received an A on our final accounting project in ACCTG 3600. What a project!

Dating Life:

Biggest turn on?  Confidence, with a killer smile.

Biggest turn off?  Lack of intelligence.

What do you look for in a girl?  Someone who is smart, feminine, strong, understanding, and sweet to those around her.

What’s your favorite pick up line?  Oh jeez, they should never exist!

Describe your ideal date.  Going up to an overlook point with canvases, paints, warm blankets, and a goodie basket.

What’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for a girl?  Hmm… there have been plenty of things but bragging about them takes away the selflessness of the act.

What is a girl trend you hate/don’t understand?  Ugg boots, French braids, and the PINK brand from Victoria’s Secret.

U of U girls are the best because…  They are well put together, confident, and not afraid to have a good time.  

Mallory has her B.S. in Clinical Psychology from the University of Utah, and is currently completing medical school pre-requisites. Her love for fitness started with her first dance class at the age of 3, and has taken her on a journey through various sports and activities. Now a competitive amateur boxer & Muay Thai fighter, Mallory loves to push her own limits and inspire others to do the same.
Kayla Van Hoose