Mayoral Debate at the U

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

When the incumbent Mayor, Ralph Becker, and his challenger, Jackie Biskupski, get together it’s usually a pretty interesting debate. Unfortunately, the debate that took place on October 20, 2015 was not as exciting as some would have hoped. No puches were thrown, no snide comments, and nothing was said that hasn’t been said before. It was a pretty typical and civil debate between the two, with most of the points and questions directed to life on campus and the concerns of a University student, staff, and employee.

Olivia is a junior at the University of Utah. She enjoys Taylor Swift, dogs, and her sorority! She is a Strategic Communications major and is getting a Campaign Management minor and one day hopes to work in the world of advertising or trailing the next big political candidate. One of her favorite past times is crafting and Netflix, but you could also find her at Ugurt with her friends on any given night. She has an obsession with throw pillows and the color black and hates bad eyebrows.  
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor