This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Hello beauty lovers! I can’t wait to have you read my take on the everyday,  classy look that I create with these amazing products and have you see why they’re so perfect to add to your makeup bags! Read ahead to see which product made it to the top of my “gotta have it” list!  

Gina Escandon

Journ Beauty — Matcha Color Corrector ($39)

If you know me, then you know that since I learned about the art of color correction, I have never looked back!  Not only does it conceal my acne/scars/redness and give it a flawless look, but it also helps improve it over time. It’s super simple to apply, and only requires a pea-sized amount to neutralize red areas, and even helps with bumps due to pimples!

Face Theory — Ultraglide Silicone-Free Face Primer P1 ($9.99)

The first step for my makeup routine is always a soft and hydrating primer. I can’t live without this step, because if I don’t do this my skin breaks out and becomes dry and red. I use this because it is formulated to minimize the appearance of pores and fine lines while protecting against water loss. It has the cleanest ingredient that FaceTheory is very transparent about and also includes vitamin C which provides gentle brightening. You can even wear this by itself as a hydrating mattifier, and it’s light enough to use on oily or combination skin.

BK Beauty — The Precision Brush Collection and Beauty Blender ($107)

These vegan and cruelty-free brushes feel like a feather on your skin! They have consistent fiber that minimizes breakage and makes foundation look flawless, well settled, and never cakey. Created by the most charming and kind MAC cosmetic artist Lisa J, these make you wanna throw away all the brushes you’ve previously used. The 101 contoured foundation brush is as smooth as a paintbrush, the beauty blender gives me the tiny bit of texture that I need, and the102 large powder brush sets everything with my compact!

Jane Iredale — Liquid Mineral Foundation ($55)

I’m just a girl that loves putting on foundation because it gives me all the aesthetic feels of something luxurious on my skin! This foundation in the shade “Latte” is a serum with pigment that provides sheer to medium coverage. It also provides hydration, diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, minimizes the appearance of pores, evens out skin tone, and adheres so well.

M2U NYC — Everyday Eyeshadow Palette ($12)

This is a brand close to my heart because New York City has always been my dream city! If you’re looking for subtle, classy beauty, you’ve found it! The insanely smooth and pigmented formula allows for a radiant, blendable, and even application. This palette offers versatile finishes — both matte and shimmer — to always match my spirit. I start with my base “Pizza Crust,” define with “East River,” and finish off with “Kiss” for just a little bit of shimmer!

Be a 10 — Be Magnetic Eyeliner ($24)

I love love love eyeliner — it’s my favorite part of my makeup routine. This eyeliner is my secret weapon to make my eyes look bigger. It has a rich pigment that creates crisp, solid lines with color that stays true through smudging for soft or smoky-eye applications. It’s very easy to use with a pencil-like applicator that allows the liner to go exactly where I want with ease.

Be a 10 — Be Separate Mascara ($26)

When you want them to look you in the eye, powerful lashes catch their attention and never let it go. This mascara lengthens, thickens, and defines upper lashes with just a simple stroke of the high-impact wand. Then, the built-in precision lower lash wand gives me the ultimate control over enhancing lower and corner lashes. Enriched with three natural waxes, the texture is soft, resists flaking, and coats each individual lash without sticking lashes together and clumping. 

Be a 10 — Be Groomed Brow ($21)

Well-defined brows are an immediate signal that you’re a put-together force to be reckoned with. This brow filler fills in with a unique curved wand that follows my natural brow arch and applies color in wispy hair-like strokes. A two-layer formula provides rich, natural color that is long-wearing and resistant to water and moisture. Realistic pigments complement my hair color and skin tone for an authentic appearance that looks sleek and never drawn on. 

M2U NYC — Matte Liquid Lip ($7)

I love using subtle lipsticks, but for just the right amount of redness in my lips, I use just a dab of “Queens.” The creamy Matte Liquid Lip applies evenly, dries nicely, and lasts all day. I literally forget I have it on because of such a light and comfortable formula. 

M2U NYC — Cream Blush (Multi-Stick) ($7)

I used to think that blush only looked good on lighter skin tones, but this blush stick in the “Fairy” shade is perfect for my medium warm undertones! Just a little bit gives my skin a luminous, natural-looking flush. This blush is highly pigmented, so a little goes a long way. 

Be a 10 — Beyond Belief Foundation ($38)

I finish off my entire look with this setting foundation which leaves my skin looking fresh, even, and ready to conquer the world. This lightweight full-coverage foundation contains a hydrating water-serum essence, light natural moisturizers like lotus and aloe, and hyaluronic acid to create a smooth base that lightly blurs away imperfections and refreshes skin upon application. 

BONUS: M2U NYC — Glitter Eyeshadow Set ($12)

I always crave just the right amount of drama in my everyday and party looks! So, I fuel my glitter addiction with this Glitter Eyeshadow Set! The multi-dimensional formula instantly adds sparkle to my lids with disco-proof durability! It comes in 3 colors for every look: Ruby Slippers, Champagne Sparklers, and Onyx Diamond.

What are you waiting for? Grab your laptops and makeup bags and get shopping!

Sasha is a Computer Science major, and a psychology and an entrepreneurship minor at the University of Utah. She is an avid activist for women in STEM, and serves as a STEM Ambassador for the Governor's office. This year she has pledged to be involved in the most clubs possible, and make the most out of her quarantine. She loves to read, sing, dance, workout, try makeup looks, experiment with skincare products, and most of all write poetry!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor