“Life is the Biggest Inspiration” Rap Artist Futuristic Performs in SLC August 20th

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

The WTF (We’re The Future) Gang is making its way to Salt Lake City next week so get excited! Rap artist Futuristic will be performing at In The Venue this Thursday August 20th. We’re getting excited for what should be an incredible performance! Her Campus Utah was able to talk to Futuristic about some of things that inspire him and what he has planned for his fans! 

Her Campus (HC): Give our readers a bit of insight into your trademark phrase “I had to do it,” where did it come from? Why is it so inspirational to you?

Futuristic (F): Haha! It’s a super old phrase I used to use when I talked sh*t on mixtapes. I don’t use it very much anymore.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about being on tour?

F: Tour is where I see real life growth! I love going to places and seeing double or triple the amount of people that were there last time. 

HC: What do you look forward to most about performing live each night?

F: Everything! It’s an adrenaline rush that you don’t get from anything else. 

HC: What are your music goals for the next few years?

F: I just want to continue to grow! I would like to be able to sell out 800+ capacity venues, sell 50,000 records first week & have a hit radio single.

HC: Our readers would love to know where you get your inspiration to write from, personal experience? Feelings? How do you make each song personal to you?

F: Life is the biggest inspiration. Everything in my music is based off of my own life experience or someone else’s close to me. I have to live life before I can get in the studio & make a new album. 

Be sure to get your tickets today to see FUTURISTIC live on August 20th at In The Venue!

English major. Avid Political Intern. Olivia Pope enthusiast. Designated "Mom" of the group. Wannabe yogi. Wine drinker.Living in and thoroughly enjoying Salt Lake City. Writing amusing and sarcastic material for the beautiful undergrads of THE U. (The original one here in Utah. Sorry not Sorry Miami.)
Julianne serves in the role of Community Development Associate, directly working with chapters and expansion. She graduated from the University of Utah in 2018 with a triple major in Political Science, Film & Media Art, and Communications with minors in Health and Theater. Julianne served as a Campus Correspondent for Utah for 3 years, as a Chapter Advisor for 2 years, a Campus Expansion Assistant for 2 years, and as a High School Ambassador Advisor. New to Boston, Julianne can't wait to eat as much seafood as was deprived of her after living in the mountains for most of her life. In her spare time, she loves to ski, watch an unreasonable amount of movies, and write!