person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

Life Behind the Camera: A Photo Gallery

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

From the western US to the tip of Africa, I have spent the last two years compiling an extensive photography collection documenting my travels. While I am in no way a professional photographer, I have come to enjoy being behind the camera capturing moments that I find too good to let pass by. Below, I have compiled some of my favorite work for you to enjoy, as these all hold a special moment in my life, and as Paul Strand once said, “Your photography is a record of your living, for anyone who really sees.”

To close out all of these photos, I’ll leave you with a quote which I have come to associate with photographers, no matter who or where they are. It truly represents the reason we get behind a camera in the first place, and the main reason why we stay. 

To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life.” 

– The Secret Life of Walter Mitty   

Hello everyone! My name is Tristyn Page and I'm a coffee lover from Idaho. I'm big into photography and videography, having interned in South Africa as one. My passion is to travel and document it all through media. I am currently a sophomore at the University of Utah and work for Fluid Peak Collective, a marketing agency as a photographer. Want to see more travel content and photography? Head over to my Instagram account!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor