Let Your Inner Punk Rock Shine This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Most people can agree their favorite season for fashion is fall. Scarves, boots and leggings are ways to keep warm while staying trendy. But something even more exciting about fashion when the leaves change color is the fact that everyone can be punk rock, no matter how hardcore you actually are. Here are the ways you can take part in punk rock 101.

1. Black. Yes, black is always in. It is totally okay to open up your closet door to an entirely black wardrobe. However; black shirts, nails and jeans are not given a second glance when the weather gets colder.

2. Tights… ripped tights. 

3. What’s better to wear with your newly ripped tights than a jean skirt? They are back in. Ask Cotton On.

4. Dark hair. Summer’s the time for hair to be bright and bleached and what-not. Not autumn. In autumn black or purple lowlights express a more mysterious side. How much more Avril Lavigne can you even get?

5. Know what else is back in? Chokers. The ones Lizzie Mcguire wore in the early 2000’s when Uggs were a given. They have the effect of being scary yet sexy. Totes down for that.

6. The best way to combat cold feet is with combat boots. Better yet, black combat boots.

7. Leather jackets. They bring you back to greasers in the 50’s and automactically make you look cool.

8. The best fashion statement of fall? Dark makeup. Deep browns, plums and burgundies on the eyes and lips are the perfect contrast to newly lighter skin.

Caution: Pretending to be punk rock is addicting, but getting gauges and full sleeve tattoos is probably pushing it. But, dedicate yourselves at your own level.

Don't make this ginger snap... just kidding. I'm usually pretty nice. I am a happy-go-lucky, Avril Lavigne lovin' and poodle obsessed San Diego girl. I think I'v been handling the cold weather pretty well! Communication is my degree of choice, although maybe someday I'll be a world reknown astrologer... One last thing: I'm pretty sarcastic. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor