Last-Minute Holiday Gifts for Them… or Yourself!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s that time of year again folks, the holiday season. You’re scrambling to get a gift for your friend, partner, family, and loved ones but you don’t seem to have the faintest idea what they want, or what they would love. Or, perhaps you’re reading this after the holidays, and well… you didn’t get exactly what you wanted. Did your grandma knit you an unappealing and itchy sweater? Did your best friend miss the mark on your gift? Did good ole Uncle Larry buy you a fruit cake besides you being allergic to raisins? Luckily, I have a list of some of my favorite finds this year perfect for a gift for a loved one  – or yourself!

Thistle & Spire

Who doesn’t need lingerie? I’m starting off with the perfect gift for yourself. Whether you’re shopping for your partner or want to get into a sexy yet festive mood, Thistle & Spire is a fantastic choice! This luxury lingerie brand has some of the best and unique styles out there. Super sexy and sophisticated choices, Thistle & Spire has plenty of beautiful styles for your lingerie collection. They’re a long-time favorite of mine so I couldn’t resist sharing their latest pieces. One of my new favorites is their Sidney Playsuit, which is masterfully constructed and designed – a classic yet somehow still unique playsuit. Pair that with their classic Strapped In Thigh Garters and you’re good to go for a naughty Christmas night.

I also recommend their Fringe Benefits Slip in Ruby if you want to match the festive colors of Christmas – the fringe will drape beautifully against your body. Or, if you want something totally different, adorn your body with the adjustable Star Crossed Bra (pair with their Star Crossed Thong) which has “gunmetal hardware and jaw dropping sheer lilac PVC panels.” Last but not least, I’d get their Smokin Mirrors Bodysuit if you want some heated action for those cold winter months. Black fire embroidery? I’ll take two in each color!

Adore Me

We’re not done with lingerie yet people! Adore Me is a newly discovered treat of mine that I couldn’t wait to recommend to you all. Let’s say you want holiday themed attire? Not only will your ugly Christmas sweaters and reindeer socks make a statement, but your Adore Me festive lingerie will knock even Santa’s socks off come Christmas Eve night. 

I’d definitely check out their Holiday Gift Guide collection, which is absolutely stunning and amazingly affordable. From holiday bows on bras, to green and red plaid, there’s bound to be something there you’ll want on your winter wishlist. My favorite holiday set is their Ellanora Unlined Set. With a beautiful emerald-green straight-lace band neckline bra, and a choice of lacey bikini or panty, it’s a festive choice. A bestseller and all-time favorite of theirs is their Alyshia Unlined Set. Oh my gosh, this is such a fantastic and unique piece. I have this set in their star beige color and it’s a new go-to. Who doesn’t love sheer tulle bras?

Want more beautifully lacey styles? I absolutely love their Clairabelle Push Up Bra in white lace, their Eilish Unlined Black Lace Bra Set (another classic favorite). If you’re looking for instead a set of PJ’s or loungewear, I recommend checking out their adorable collection of Sleep & Loungewear. I love their Lyanna Black Pjs – perfect for gifting or for yourself!

Pantuss

It’s not Santa’s time people, it’s Pantuss time. Pantuss is a favorite handmade slipper brand of mine that I love to recommend every time a friend or family member of mine needs a new pair of slippers. Who doesn’t need a new pair of booties? Yep, they got those too. 

What makes Pantuss a special and unique gift choice is that most of their slippers are aromatherapy slippers! Each slipper comes with plush microwavable herbal insoles filled with lavender and flax seeds. Pop the insoles in the microwave and attach back onto your slippers for a warm aromatherapeutic effect for those winter nights.

My favorite styles? I love their Ballerina Style slippers in dusty pink – but they come in so many beautiful colors it’s hard to decide. Their Sandal Style Slippers are so fluffy and probably one of my favorite designs of theirs. I also adore their Bootie Style Slippers in both chocolate and pink! 

And they don’t just sell slippers. For the perfect spa day, I’d take a look at their Aromatherapy Mask and Neck Brace Set – a perfect gift for mom or sis! What about a gift for the men in your life? The Dark Blue Slide On style for Men is a perfect gift idea! Grab one pair of slippers as a gift, and then another for yourself for the ultimate winter spa day. Right now Pantuss is offering a 25% discount on the vast majority of our products online on Amazon until December 22nd 2022. So it’s best to check out their styles soon for a sweet and cozy winter deal.

Monica Vinader

Who doesn’t love some solid gold luxurious jewelry? Bracelets with diamonds? Or lockets wrapped in gold vermeil? Maybe not gift-wrapped in gold vermeil – that would be insane – but a lot of Monica Vinader’s designer jewelry is handcrafted in “100% recycled 18ct gold vermeil and solid sterling silver, (reducing CO2 emissions by over 60%).” I have always loved Monica Vinader because you can feel the quality in their jewelry with not only the way it looks, but the weight of it when you wear it. You’ll feel luxurious while looking it! 

I recommend their Diamond Marquise Chain Bracelet as a perfect gift for your mother, partner, or yourself! This bracelet is actually part of their solid gold collection, so it’s bound to make a statement! Beautifully designed, it’s made of 14k solid gold and features a dazzling diamond that sparkles on your wrist.

Monica Vinader’s gold, silver, and rose gold bracelet selection has always been my favorite, it’s definitely a perfect gift option for someone special in your life. But if you’re looking for a ring or necklace for someone, I love the Deia Diamond Ring and Corda Diamond Locket. Perfection in gold and diamonds! They’re a girl’s best friend, you know?

Lele Sadoughi

If you or someone you love adores sparkles, embellishments and headbands, they’re about to get it all in one package. Well… that is if you gift it to them. But why wouldn’t you? Lele Sadoughi sells high-end headbands that sparkle with embellishments, swarovski crystals, iridescent sequins, and even rainbow sprinkle beads! Let me explain, my favorite headband of theirs has to be their Buttercream Birthday Cake Knotted Headband. Who doesn’t want to feel like they have a birthday party going in and on their head all the time? Just me? …Okay. But seriously, it’s a beautifully detailed piece and is perfect to add to any outfit to make a fashionably cute statement. 

Other recommendations from the designer brand? I think their Lilac Frost Swarovski Tresor Knotted Headband and their Ivory Lurex Bardot Headband are perfect to wear for those winter months. And? They sell bags too as well as other accessories! Their Gold Gema Disco Top Zip Shoulder Bag looks perfect for your New Years party.

Saltwater Luxe

Saltwater Luxe, what can I say? It’s one of my favorite brands for dresses and it will likely be yours too if you slip into one of their high-end garments. Founders and designers Christa and Kristy create some amazing and comfortable looks that work perfectly as a gift for your best friend, and yourself of course. I love their Ronni Midi Dress as the quality of the sweater fabric dress feels high-end when you wear it and it’s still so comfortable. You can wear it casually, or easily dress it up when you go out. I also adore their Kye Mini Dress as the fabric has delicate flowers throughout and then bam! Gentle puff sleeves and a small slit up the side. Well that bam! wasn’t that gentle but you get my point. It’s such a stunning piece you can effortlessly style. 

And if you love gifting PJ’s for the holidays, Saltwater Luxe also has some amazing PJ’s. I love their latte shaded Long Sleeve Shirt & Pant Set in 100% rayon fabric. Snuggly for those winter months!

Chaser

If you need insanely comfy loungewear, or want to gift yourself an eye-catching casual outfit for when you party New Year’s Eve, then I recommend Chaser for your new closet favorites. Chaser is known for their go-to graphic band tees, but I love them especially for their comfortable loungewear and ‘not-loungewear’ but so-comfy-it-can-practically-be-loungewear-loungewear. Make sense? I’ll explain. My new favorite go-to classic dress is their Mock Neck Open Back Maxi Dress. The material on this dress is so soft I could sleep in it yet it’s so effortlessly fashionable when you throw on a cute pair of boots! I could wear it out for dinner, or at home on the couch. 

Chaser’s loungewear selection is worth exploring as well as their dresses. Not only do I love their unique PJ sets – which I feel you can also pair those tops with a pair of jeans – but their sweats are so comfy on their own as well.

Fulton Eco Soles

Okay so maybe you want a gift for those in your life who need a bit of arch support. Yes, oddly specific but honestly these Fulton Insoles I’m talking about are so dang comfortable that I had to mention them. Think about all the uncomfortable pairs of shoes you and your family own. With no arch support?! This gift really is perfect for anyone. Who doesn’t want engineered arch support from sustainably made insoles? It has “molding technology” people! 

I slipped my Fulton Eco Insoles into a pair of my favorite converse shoes. Those shoes didn’t offer much support before but as soon as I paired them with an insole I really felt the difference. Wore them recently on a vacation and have never looked back. More of my shoes need insoles, but in the meantime I just swap out mine into the pair I’ll wear for the day. 

This is a practical gift that really can make a difference in how your family or friends physically feel – if you gift it to them!

GellyDrops

Okay, time for some beauty gifts! If you love a nice nail each holiday outing, you’ll love shopping at Gelly Drops for their semi-cured gel nails. They have one of the largest selection of semi-cured nail designs and their brands (EdgeU, Ohora, Gelato Factory, to name a few) have such beautiful designs that are fairly easy to apply. 

I mean look at their red and gold N Pointesttia design, or their Milky Way nails! Love floral designs? Then maybe Touch Flower or Ebony Flower is your go-to. Pair those designs with one of GellyDrops’ gel lamps and it’s good to go as a useful and beautiful gift!

Scentbird

Last but not least, it’s a classic winter gift that stands the test of time. That’s right friends, I’m talking about a good ole smelling candle. I mean, where do you go for the best scents? Especially if you don’t wanna go out to a store and… shop for smells? Scentbird makes it really easy for you with their subscriptions, scent quizzes, and beautiful candles with easy clear descriptions of each candle scent. They have a ton of different high end perfume, cologne, and candle brands that smell amazing. I got an Apotheke candle that smells like a Christmas forest in the North Pole. Or at least… that’s what I think of!

So, what do you think? Will you go all out this year with your winter gifting? For your friends and family you may want to get them a designer gold vermeil bracelet, comfortable yet stylish dress, or cozy candle. Or… gift them to yourself. When in doubt, a matching gift for them and yourself could be a perfect holiday idea, right? Right? Yeah, I think that’s what I’ll do…

Michal Mitchell is freelance writer and graduate from the University of Utah with a bachelor's degree in English. Her passions include, writing poetry for her "10 Minute Poetry" column, fiction, screenplays and delving into a Chopin Étude every now and then. When she's not writing for Her Campus, she seeks solace in the ventures of her mind. You can follow her on Instagram and Twitter at @jackycoocoo for poetry, celebrity interviews, fiction, articles, or to commission her for an article.