Kappa Delta Chi: Most Serviceable and Multicultural? Yes, Please.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

The multicultural fraternity, Kappa Delta Chi, is another Greek organization at the University of Utah, but is a multicultural fraternity, rather than a social fraternity.  What exactly does that mean?  Her Campus went to the main source by interviewing Kappa Delta Chi’s President’s to find out more!

Kappa Delta Chi is a part of the larger Greek Council and is represented by the Multicultural Greek Council. This is the counterpart to Panhellenic Council and Interfraternity Council.  They seek to promote the awareness of multicultural diversity within institutions of higher education, our communities, and the greater community at large.   They have sisters from various cultural backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, etc.  They have a close relationship with the other multicultural fraternity at the U, Omega Delta Phi, and are eager to get closer to other Greek Organizations on campus. 

Just like any other Greek Organization, Kappa Delta Chi holds a variety of events throughout the year including sisterhoods, service events, academic events, cultural events and risk management events- just to name a few!!  While attending all of those awesome events, their members are also kept busy meeting their 25-hour requirement of service a semester.   This is the largest requirement of service hours per semester out of any Greek Organization on the University of Utah’s row- way to go Kappa Delta Chi!

Another similarity between Multicultural Greek Organizations and Social Fraternities/Sororities is they have National and Chapter Philanthropy Organizations and initiatives.   Kappa Delta Chi nationally supports the American Cancer Society.  Locally they focus on Minority Outreach Efforts for the support of the Latino population’s needs to include educational programs/scholarships and health awareness programs.

In addition to participating in service events, Kappa Delta Chi also has a variety of leadership roles members can take on in order to get more involved in their organization.  Chapter President is the largest role and Angelica Juarez currently holds it.   Her favorite part of holding this role is leading a group of women who are a part of a strong, amazing network of diverse people whom she deeply admires and receives immense amount of support. 

Interested in joining this incredible organization?  Don’t worry, Kappa Delta Chi recruits at the beginning of each semester leaving tons of opportunities to be recruited.  Potential new members attend an information session, a service event, and a social event to learn more about the chapter and then are eligible to receive a bid.  

Thank you Kappa Delta Chi for letting us learn more about your wonderful organization! 

Hi! I'm Madison Keyser and am a student at the University of Utah.  I am a sophomore double majoring in Economics and Spanish hoping to go to Law School someday.  I am an Alpha Chi Omega, love to play lacrosse and do anything outside.  I am so excited to be a Her Campus writer! 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor