This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

I have been looking forward to It Chapter Two ever since the end of It chapter one. Having been a horror movie aficionado for the majority of my life and having seen the original It movie when I was only 10, I knew that this movie was going to be amazing and it was! It was absolutely not a disappointment.

While I am writing a review of the movie, I don’t want to go into too much detail or give away any spoilers because there’s too many people who still need to see it for themselves! I will provide somewhat of an overview, but no spoilers here today.

I must say the film was even better than I had imagined. I hadn’t seen the original 1990 It film in a while, so my memory was a little jaded. The original film is just a long version of what they managed to make into two movies, It in 2017 and It Chapter Two in 2019.

I love scary movies and I wasn’t sure if this movie would necessarily scare me, I didn’t remember the first It being horrifying or anything. I generally like to think I don’t get scared easily, but the first scene in this movie started everything off with a very gruesome start. Honestly, the first scene must have scared me more than any other scene in the movie, although, it did begin to get spooky quickly, which made me happy. I always get so bored when horror movies take a while to get interesting. Once we as an audience knew what was happening, each and every individual scene from It Chapter 2 held something creepy. If you are afraid of clowns, you probably would not like Pennywise. The notorious clown had me checking over my shoulder and not wanting to be alone in the dark once I got home!

If you’ve seen the original or the first chapter of It, you know that Pennywise targeted a group of children back in the 80’s. Well, in It Chapter Two we get to see those same kids come back together 27 years later to try and defeat the evil clown once again. They reunite after dead bodies start turning up in their childhood town, all of them aware of what was most likely happening once again. The killer clown was back and hungrier than ever. The kids made a promise to each other as children, that if “it” ever came back again, they’d work together to kill it once and for all.

I 10/10 would recommend this movie to anyone. If you’re a horror movie lover and haven’t seen this one yet, what are you doing?! Even if you aren’t the biggest fan of the horror genre, you need to go see it! October is here, and It Chapter Two is the perfect way to start out your spooky month. Get in the Halloween spirit already and go see It Chapter Two!

Delaney is a recent 2020 graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Strategic Communication. She feels very passionate about her writing and has enjoyed being apart of a woman empowered online magazine like Her Campus.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor