This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

For all you makeup lovers, wearers, or if you are new to the beauty industry: Ipsy needs to be the first thing on your to-do list. I started it back in April, and I am now the biggest fan. And my wallet is okay with it, too!

Ipsy is a beauty subscription started by the first Asian woman who found fame through her Youtube beauty tutorials. Now Michelle Phan is a business owner and continues to share beauty tips and tricks with the rest of the world. Signing up for Ipsy is like signing up for someone else to do your cosmetics shopping for you, and only paying ten bucks a month for it. That’s right, ten bucks a month. I know I’m sounding like an infomercial for something that probably doesn’t work – like The Wubble Bubble Ball – but I swear, this is the best.

Here’s how it works: You sign up. You click your “Beauty Preferences” – such as your favorite makeup brands, which kinds of products are your favorite, how familiar you are with hair, skin and makeup, and your personal beauty style. You also fill in your hair, eye, and skin color so that Ipsy can help you find the colors that compliment you the best. You can update these Beauty Preferences any time.

Then, you patiently, or not-so-patiently, wait for the first day of the month to see what you will receive in your Ipsy Glambag. Did I already mention that the products in your Glambag were handpicked for you? You get a cute makeup bag along with 5 full or sample sized beauty products shipped right to your front door every month. The packaging is the cutest. Seeing that gorgeous, shiny hot pink packet makes my heart leap every time. I really love makeup.

Here’s the thing, though. If you are new to cosmetics, Ipsy is just as perfect for you as it is for someone like me who sometimes goes to sleep watching makeup tutorials on Youtube. Ipsy introduces you to five new products each month. This means that you are inexpensively trying out all kinds of products so that you can figure out what it is you like. What I don’t like, I just put in my “gift” box. Or if I want to feel like Santa Claus I hand them out to my friends to spread joy and cheer.

Here are some of the products I’ve received in my GlamBag over the past 6 months:

Adesse New York: Cupuacu Lip Balm

This is the best lip balm I have ever used. I love lip stick, so in turn I often dry my lips out. This stuff has a very light, almost translucent pink tint with cold pressed Cupuacu butter in the middle. It feels so good my lips and works alone or under other lip products.

The CUTEST makeup bag, ever!

It is waterproof, holds all the product I need and then some, and is covered in little ice cream cones! We all scream for icecream! Especially if it’s full of beauty products galore.

Urban Decay: Afterglow in Sin

I already owned a highlighter I loved, so I didn’t actually use this one. But I know there are a ton of Urban Decay fanatics out there.

Luxie Beauty: Luxie Dreamcatcher Precision Foundation Brush             

These brushes are NOT, cheap! And I got mine for, wait for me to do the math, a whopping $1.60. It is originally $23. Now I am a loyal, loyal fan of Luxie Beauty.

NYX Professional Makeup: Whipped Lip & Cheek Souffle

First of all, this stuff smells like cupcakes. Second, it looks so good on your lips and cheeks PLUS it actually lasts throughout the day.

theBalm Cosmetics: theBalm Voyage Vol. 2 Eyeshadow

This. Is. My. All-Time favorite makeup brand ever! I did not even know about theBalm until Ipsy came along. This stuff is incredibly pigmented, it lasts, and it is talc, paraben, and cruelty-free. Plus, the packaging is the cutest ever!

Ipsy does not just send you top-rated products each month, but for the shopping lover, they also have the Ipsy Store, where you can buy your makeup from various cosmetics companies and get a percentage of Ipsy Cash back. Each day, the Ipsy Store also provides Ipsy Offers, which are beauty packages for dirt cheap. I recently bought a palette containing nine eyeshadows, a highlighter, a bronzer, two blushes, and two lip or cheek stains for $20. It was more than 50% off. Other offers have themes which include a variety of products from different brands.

Finally, Ipsy also has great customer service. Recently my phone fell on my face and I bought a blush I didn’t want – I’m serious, this actually happened. – I e-mailed Ipsy right away and they got back to me in a timely matter and I am now going through the return process.

Here is my referral link! There isn’t a waitlist for the Glambags, but only for a limited time. Get your pigment on.

Don't make this ginger snap... just kidding. I'm usually pretty nice. I am a happy-go-lucky, Avril Lavigne lovin' and poodle obsessed San Diego girl. I think I'v been handling the cold weather pretty well! Communication is my degree of choice, although maybe someday I'll be a world reknown astrologer... One last thing: I'm pretty sarcastic. 
Julianne serves in the role of Community Development Associate, directly working with chapters and expansion. She graduated from the University of Utah in 2018 with a triple major in Political Science, Film & Media Art, and Communications with minors in Health and Theater. Julianne served as a Campus Correspondent for Utah for 3 years, as a Chapter Advisor for 2 years, a Campus Expansion Assistant for 2 years, and as a High School Ambassador Advisor. New to Boston, Julianne can't wait to eat as much seafood as was deprived of her after living in the mountains for most of her life. In her spare time, she loves to ski, watch an unreasonable amount of movies, and write!