If You Are Looking For A Sign…This Is It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Everybody has had those moments in life — where fate, destiny, call it what you will — lines up perfectly.  Time stops and it’s a moment of clarity.

Maybe it’s a feeling.  Maybe it’s a gust of wind.  Maybe you are just running on too much coffee and too little sleep.  But regardless, it sticks with you.

It changes you.  

In that moment, everything is magnified.  Maybe you finally understand something that you have been trying to understand.  Maybe you have an “aha” moment where you realize that you are headed where you are supposed to be.

I am a huge believer that there is no such thing as coincidences.  Life doesn’t just line itself up perfectly for nothing.  Running into an old friend while grabbing coffee at a shop you don’t  normally stop by, and winding up having an interview with their boss doesn’t just happen.  It’s a sign.

Maybe of good things yet to come, maybe of sad things that have passed.  

Maybe your sign is that your hardships are over.  Imagine the perfect, cloudless, sky blue day paired with the feeling of content and overpowering peace.  A feeling of freedom and of hope.  A feeling that you can handle anything that life throws at you.  

Now, don’t get me wrong, don’t go actively seeking signs.  None of this ‘for every other petal I pull means he likes me’ crap.  They have to happen on their own.  Scratch bartering with whoever or whatever you believe in to send you a sign.  When it happens, it happens.

Consider this your sign.  

Consider this your sign of things to change.  Consider this your moment of perfect clarity — the epiphany that that gust of wind gives you.

Consider this a sign of better things to come, and that you are headed down the right path.  Learn to trust yourself and to trust your gut.  If something doesn’t feel right, don’t do it.  If your heart isn’t fully into something, don’t put yourself in that situation.  Instead, put your energies where your passions are.  Line up your goals with your desires and watch yourself move mountains.  Learn, grow, make mistakes, but keep your eyes on the horizon.  

If you’re looking for a sign; this is it.  

sources: https://giphy.com/gifs/rjkJD1v80CjYs/links  

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor