How to Incorporate the Color of the Year into Your Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s a new year, and that means out with the old and in with the new! Pantone, Inc. is the expert on color, and it announces annually the color of the year. If you haven’t heard already, this year that color is Radiant Orchid! This color will be used by many companies and people across the world as a fashion refernce, interior shade, beauty inspiration, and much more. Radiant Orchid is a harmony of rich purple, fuchsia and pink. Her Campus Utah is going to tell you how to embrace this expressive color and incorporate it into your daily wardrobe!

Try a light radiant orchid sweater paired with jeans for a casual look.

Top off with a wild orchid scarf and army boots!

Add a splash of color with accessories!

Adding colored shoes, earrings or a statement necklace is a surefire way to include color in your outfit without being overwhelmed.

Be bold by wearing radiant-orchid colored pants.

Orchid tones look great with black and white, so try a striped sweater. Pair the outfit with black knee-high boots to complete the look.

Nails, Eyes, Lips!

Illuminate your eyes with radiant orchid shadow, or try a radiant orchid shade on your lips! If bright eyes and lips are not your thing, try painting your nails with the fresh, floral-inspired color!

Take it above and beyond!

Want to try something different? Dye your hair orchid and rock it out this spring and summer! Celebs and fashionistas from California to our very own campus have already made this a pleasantly surprising trend.

Vermont native. Salt Lake City resident. Ellie Briggs is currently majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations at the University of Utah. She is serving as the Campus Correspondent, Co-President, and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Utah, along with Mietra Aarabi. When Ellie is not focusing on her studies, writing, or editing countless articles, you can find her brunching with her sister and laughing at her own jokes. Follow her on Instagram @elliebriggs and Twitter @ellbriggs - she promises you won't get bored!