How To Do a Top Knot So He’ll Finally Love You Back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

A cute, perky top knot is the perfect “I didn’t even try to look this good but here I am looking this good” look for fall, winter, spring, and especially when he leaves you doubting your self-worth and crying in the shower for the third time this week.

First, gather your hair at the top of your head. Brush back from the same forehead that one time he kissed, and try not to think about how gently he held you. Gather your hair in a ponytail, pulling out any additional wisps to frame your face. Maybe that’s why he never texted you back? Your fat, fat rotund face? He’ll never love you like you loved him, you with your face-framing hair and your big sad eyes. All the sadder because he doesn’t give a f*ck about you, huh?

Take the hair gathered in the ponytail and twist the length of it. Then circle it into a knot on the top of your head. Take a hair tie and wrap the base. If there are any extra hair strands slipping out, use a bobby pin to tuck them in, but maybe they’ll keep sliding out from the ponytail tie, just like he slipped out of your hands, and you slipped out of his heart. You were the happiest you’ve ever been with him. Maybe you’ll never be that happy again.

Now you’ve got a perfect, easy top knot to face the day, and maybe if you’re lucky he’ll see how effortlessly beautiful you are and never know that you whisper his name in your sleep. Dazzle anyone and everyone with your flawless hair look as you know deep inside that every time you look in the mirror you’ll have to face the truth that you weren’t enough for him, and never will be!

Image source [1] [2] – they’re the same site and it’s actually a very good guide to how to style your hair in various kinds of buns that is much more sincere and helpful than this article and I highly recommend it if you actually want to know how to do your hair.

Meghan McGinnis is a junior at the University of Utah studying Film and Media Arts (production emphasis) and Theatre, as well as the Director of External Affairs at the University of Utah's HerCampus branch. She's a professional poet, published in Rising Phoenix Press, A Feminist Thread, and more, as well as having competed at the National Poetry Slam (2016, 2017, 2018), Individual World Poetry Slam (2017) and the Women of the World Poetry Slam (2018.) She loves comedy, feminism, history, beauty, and style, if you couldn't tell from her articles. She's passionate about Her Campus, as well as mac n cheese, aioli, and mexican food. Follow her on twitter and insta at @itsdorothybonch and any inquiries can be sent to missmeghanmcginnis@gmail.com
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor