element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Christmas Shop for Your Significant Other

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s that time of year, the streets are bright with strings of lights, wrapping paper is on sale, and you have a long list of people to shop for. At the top of that list is your special someone, who obviously deserves the greatest gift ever; the gift that will encompass all your feelings for them and how them just how much you care. But for some reason, finding that present to end all presents winds up being a Herculean task. So here’s your one-stop guide on shopping for your person:

Listen

This seems like a no-brainer, right? Obviously you listen to your SO. What I’m talking about is listening to the conversations where they reveal something that they want. This can happen year round so I highly recommend keeping a secret note on your phone of all the subtle hints they drop without knowing it. Listen for statements like, “Oh, I wish I had a…” and “I really need a new…” That’s where you’ll get great ideas that’ll take them completely by surprise!

The Gift That Keeps on Giving

Looking for a thoughtful gift that will last all year and doesn’t break the bank? Try a DIY coupon book or a year of dates! The coupons can be as sexy, romantic or cute and can include things like “one back massage” or “one ice cream cone on me”. A year of dates can be compiled into a cute notebook of monthly or bi-monthly date ideas. You can either write out ideas or actually stick gift cards and supplies for the dates in as well.

Use Your Resources

Buzzfeed is famous for articles entitled, “Can You Get Through This Post Without Spending $50?” They are filled with strange, adorable, and just plain awesome products that would be damn near impossible to find without the help of the magicians over at Buzzfeed. I have found many a gift idea (for my significant other and myself) while attempting to get through the post without spending $50.

Get Creative

Sure, you know all the movies, TV shows, and celebrities that your SO loves, but how do you find the perfect present within all of that? Here’s a time where there might be too many options rather than not enough. If you want to find something unique to go along with your human’s obsession with Taylor Swift or Grey’s Anatomy try just typing that into Amazon’s search bar. Without giving a specific product name, you open up the search results to everything pertaining to what you searched. You’d be surprised, but it can yield very successful results!

Christmas shopping for your Boo doesn’t have to be stressful! Use some of these tips to find the present that’ll make this Christmas one for the books. Happy shopping collegiettes!

Editor-in-Chief for the Utah chapter of Her Campus. I'm a political science major at the University of Utah, in my time I love to cook healthy and delicious meals, organize detailed parties, and pet every dog I see.