free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How Aware of Life Are You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

If you have already seen the video “This is Water” – I hope you’ve taken its message to heart. If you’ve never seen this video, I’m so happy I can share it with you (below). 

This is David Foster Wallace. He was an incredible author and an English professor. In 2005 he gave a comencement speech to Kenyon College graduating seniors. Considering 2005 was 10 years ago you may think that this video is dated and therefore not worth your full attention – but I assure you it is. 

This video shows us (in under 10 minutes) that the our lives are all about choice. Wallace shows us that we have the power to change our “natural default setting” to be aware of and enjoy the world around us.

English major. Avid Political Intern. Olivia Pope enthusiast. Designated "Mom" of the group. Wannabe yogi. Wine drinker.Living in and thoroughly enjoying Salt Lake City. Writing amusing and sarcastic material for the beautiful undergrads of THE U. (The original one here in Utah. Sorry not Sorry Miami.)