jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Here’s What Coffee You Should be Drinking if You Don’t Drink Coffee

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Have you ever been asked out on a date to grab a coffee and immediately went home to research the menu? If this is true, you are not alone, many of us struggle knowing what coffee to order. If you haven’t acquired the taste yet there is no need to worry, HerCampus is here to help. Here is what coffee you should be drinking if you do not like coffee: 

White Chocolate Mocha

This drink is made up of a combination of espresso and White Chocolate Mocha syrup. I would suggest this starter drink to beginner coffee drinkers because the taste of coffee is very faint and it has more of a chocolate taste than anything. This was my go-to when I started drinking coffee and I still get it occasionally to this day. And as a bonus: this drink is great iced and hot, so you can drink it whichever way you prefer. The original version of this drink is sold at Starbucks but I have seen other (and sometimes way better) versions sold at our local coffee shops in downtown Salt Lake City. 

Frozen Mr. B’s 

If you’re in Utah, then you’re definitely in for a treat with this drink. This drink frozen latte consists of Ghirardelli white chocolate and Irish cream syrups and is seriously one of my favorite coffee drinks still today. I would suggest this coffee to coffee beginners because the taste of coffee is definitely there but it is equally sweet which is a great balance. I prefer this drink in the dead of summer as a great refresher, but it is served all year round and is worth it. I would run to your local Beans & Brews the first chance you get to grab one of these immediately.

Chai Latte

This Cinnamon tasting latte is a favorite among many of my friends, pro-coffee or beginner. This latte tastes like the holidays and is also great iced or hot depending on what you prefer. With a more sweet and spicy taste than more common lattes, this one is great for anyone. My favorite version of this coffee has been from Beans & Brews, but many other coffee shops had great versions as well.

For when you want more of the espresso taste: Vanilla Latte

This one is my go-to at any coffee shop because it is pretty hard to mess this one up. This latte is combined with vanilla syrup do the sweet flavor that many of us look for but not enough to take away from the coffee itself. If you are looking to branch out and try a coffee that is slightly less sweet and sugary, this is a great option.

Now that you have a better idea of what coffee would be a great starting point for you, you can go on those coffee dates stress-free and without memorizing the whole menu beforehand, which some of us still do anyway (just in case). 

Mya is majoring in Strategic Communication and is the current President of Her Campus Utah. She enjoys movies, road trips, writing and having dinner parties with her best friends. Her favorite things to write about are fashion, beauty and lifestyle.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor