This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

How to Get Away with Murder

“How to Get Away with Murder” will undoubtedly keep you on the edge of your… coach from beginning to end.  The entire cast is incredibly talented, and the producer is none other than Shonda Rhimes. The first season kicks off at law school where we meet the protagonist, Annalise Keating, played by the lovely Viola Davis. Professor Keating is a well-known defense lawyer who has never lost a case to date. A group of her students soon go under her wing and learn the dirty truth about the web of lies that comes with being a good defense lawyer. It’s a show full of constant scandal, and complex characters muddling the provocative plot.

Shonda Rhimes is an expert at balancing intimacy, drama, action, and lust. Although trust begins to fade, there’s an unspoken bound between the Keating crew because they all have something in common: murder. 

Blindspot

Blindspot is an intriguing drama about a girl, Jamie Alexander, who is found naked, covered in more than 200 tattoos with no recollection of who she is. The tattoo of FBI agent Kurt Weller on her back leads the FBI to her as they try to figure out her identity. As the show progresses, the mystery builds when individual tattoos have meanings that, if deciphered in time, save hundreds of lives. It’s an action packed drama with just the right amount of romance to keep viewers enthralled. Every inch of ink is a clue to a case, and with every case, Jamie gets closer and closer to figuring out how the tattoos got on her body. Interest in Jamie builds as people start questioning her innocence and the role she is playing in the mystery.

The CIA begin to get increasingly involved and suspicious of Jamie’s identity, and well, let’s just say they never seem to be the good guys in crime shows.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor