This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

G-Eazy has flooded our playlists with his hits ranging like Marilyn and Lady Killers, but he is also one of the best live acts any collegiette can see. At only age 26, he has not only dominated the music charts but has graduated with a BA from Loyola University. Her Campus Utah got the exclusive insight on his upcoming tour, music, and what it was like pursuing his passion while in school.

HC:  USA Today has pegged you as one of the biggest and best touring acts in collegiate circuits, what about touring makes you so inspired and excited, particularly touring in Utah?

G-Eazy: Tour brings the music to life, it’s where you really experience it to the fullest extent. It starts in the studio but for the time being it only exists there… Then you release it and the numbers tell you if people are listening or not, but it’s not until you’re literally standing in front of the fans performing it and they’re singing the words back to you that you fully bring the music to life. But yeah, I’ve been playing shows in Utah for years, and it’s always been one of my favorite places to play, the energy is always crazy.

HC: What is your favorite song to perform on tour? Why? 

G-Eazy: I’m looking forward to playing everything off the new album!

HC: In December, your highly anticipated album When It’s Dark Out will finally be released, we are so excited and honestly cannot wait to hear what’s next for you. Can you give our readers any insight on what the new album will be like? How does it differ from These Things Happen? 

G-Eazy: I think it’s a much better body of work. I’ve grown a lot since my last project, I’m at a different point in my life so it tells a different story.

HC: The upcoming album has many collaborations with other artists, who was your favorite to work with?

G-Eazy: It’s kinda impossible to say, because I’ve got a lot of people on my album that I respect a lot and look up to. I mean I’ve got some of my heroes on this album, and that’s crazy to me.

HC: How have you grown as an artist since your first album to almost the release of your fourth?

G-Eazy: I mean it’s just like anything else, if you want to be great at something you’re constantly pushing yourself to keep learning and improving your technique. On top of that, your perspective changes the older you get, you know the more you experience the more you have to draw from for inspiration.

HC: Your music must have been influenced by living in the Bay Area, give our readers a brief insight into how being in an area where there are so many musical influences, you had a slew of other rappers and the Hyphy movement, how has that impacted you musically?

G-Eazy: That influenced me heavily, especially when I was younger, when I initially fell in love with making music that was all I was surrounded by.

HC: As a magazine directed towards collegiettes, how did you balance going to college– which is challenging enough, work, and pouring yourself into your passion?

G-Eazy: I just did what I had to do. I knew what GPA I had to keep in order to keep my scholarship, so I got my work done and I spent the rest of my free time working on music. I didn’t go out a whole lot I just stayed in my dorm where I had my studio set up and worked for hours on end.

HC: You’re an extremely hard worker, you have said that since day 1 you viewed music as a career, how has that pushed you harder as opposed to viewing music as a hobby or as a passion?

G-Eazy: I mean, I fell in love with it at a young age. There was never anything else I ever wanted to do with my life, so I had to make it happen, you know?

HC: Anything else you’d like to say to your Utah fans?

G-Eazy: Thanks for holding me down for all these years, from opening up my first tour and playing the small room in The Venue to headlining the Saltair this time, shit’s crazy!

To buy tickets click here: https://www.saltlakecityconcerts.net/eventx/g-eazy-when-its-dark-out/

Julianne serves in the role of Community Development Associate, directly working with chapters and expansion. She graduated from the University of Utah in 2018 with a triple major in Political Science, Film & Media Art, and Communications with minors in Health and Theater. Julianne served as a Campus Correspondent for Utah for 3 years, as a Chapter Advisor for 2 years, a Campus Expansion Assistant for 2 years, and as a High School Ambassador Advisor. New to Boston, Julianne can't wait to eat as much seafood as was deprived of her after living in the mountains for most of her life. In her spare time, she loves to ski, watch an unreasonable amount of movies, and write!