This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Spring is finally here! Say goodbye to dreary skies and get ready for warmer days. As the weather changes, your makeup routine should too!  It’s time to ditch your full coverage foundations and dark eye shadows for products that are lightweight and that will let your natural beauty shine through! Need help cleaning out your makeup bag? Keep reading to find out how!

1. Lipstick to Tinted Lip Balm

Switch out your opaque lipsticks for something lighter and more hydrating! Go for brighter colors that bring out your natural lip color. I recommend Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip Balm in the shade Pink Blossom!

2. Liquid Foundation to BB Cream

Let your skin breathe with BB cream! BB creams are more lightweight than regular foundations. They also offer amazing skin benefits and SPF to protect your skin from the sun. I recommend Garnier BB Cream!

3. Powder Blush to Cream Blush

Try a cream blush this spring for dewy skin! Cream blushes make your skin look healthy and refreshed, which will brighten up your skin! Cream blushes are also more natural looking than powders. I recommend Nars The Multiple cream makeup sticks.

4. Black Liner to White Liner.

Replace your dark eyeliners with white eyeliner! Black eyeliner can make your eyes look smaller and create a harsher look. This spring, try lining your waterline with a white or nude liner to make your eyes pop and appear larger. I recommend Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Eye Liner in nude.

You only need to switch out a few makeup products this spring to help your makeup look lighter and more natural! Happy Spring-Cleaning!

Lexy was born and raised in Salt Lake City and is currently studying Nursing at the Univeristy of Utah. She hopes to someday pursue her dream as a Neonatal Nurse Practioner. She works as a Certified Pharamcy Technician and volunteers with the Apa Sherpa Foundation.  In her free time she does yoga, dances, plays with her puppy, and hangs out with her Alpha Phi sisters. She is also very proud to hold the title of a Miss Utah USA semifinalist.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor